Monday, April 27, 2020

Disney 2019 Planning Part 17


August 8, 2019
N minus 10


Anabelle has started a rhyming sticky note countdown, to replace her whiteboard countdown.
“10 - were not paying in yen”

Since most sane people's countdowns do start at “10” and not “1008,” like we do, that means we’re really in high gear now.

Veronica made a new countdown clock that ends at 4:30am now that pick up time shifted, Kim pointed out the countdown is now less time than we’ll be spending in Disney, woo hoo!  Anabelle adds: WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO TEN DAYS LEFTTTTTT

I called All Star Sport to confirm the location requests we made when we first booked, and they told me they can’t see them until three days before.  However, they put them in again, and I’ll call back next week to confirm both sets of the same requests.  Ole!



August 9, 2019
N minus 9
Anabelle Sticky Countdown:
“9 – Utterly Devine”

Anabelle has also taken point on e-mail notifications:
“We’re in the Single Digits now folks
YAYYYY NINE DAYS TO GOOOO”
Aurora: “Yippy Kai yay🤠🎉😺”
Melon farmers!🍈👨🏻‍🌾


August 10, 2019
N minus 8
Anabelle Sticky Countdown:
“8 how great!”


August 11, 2019
N minus 7
Anabelle Sticky Countdown:
“7 not eleven!”

I notified the gang- We have reached the recursion Zen like moment on this Sunday of being able to think “In one week on Sunday, we’ll be in the Magic Kingdom thinking ‘In one week on Sunday we’ll be in the Magic Kingdom!”
Anabelle- WOOOOOHOOOOOO ONE WEEK LEFT YEAAAAA WOOOOO YEEEEHAW YIPPEEEEEE YAAAAY
Kim- I think that is the most awesomest sentence I have ever read in my whole life.  Thank you Mommy!!!!

We watched Atlantis and Treasure Planet. Because that’s where we start in the movie pile when we’re going to Disney World.


August 12, 2019
N minus 6
Anabelle Sticky Countdown:
“ 6 there are sticks.  This is hard, wow.”

They took the mushroom bisque and the shrimp cocktail off the children's menu for the Artist's point Snow White Dinner ( A week from Friday night- YAY!) but didn't update the adult menu.

This means...honestly I have no idea.  We'll find out when we get there.


August 13, 2019
N minus 5
Anabelle Sticky Countdown:
“ 5 what a time to be alive.”

Disney’s e-mailed countdown is also exciting. 
Kim- Wooooooo Hooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Click the picture to see it move and to see the countdown.
Yippee Kai Ay Melon Farmer!!!!!!!!

Anabelle gets her name in the allears.net “Where in the world” photo contest again! Yay!



August 14, 2019
N minus 4
Anabelle Sticky Countdown :
“4 only 4 days more.”

I can’t believe I’m on a business trip having three all day meetings this close to Disney.  I'm supposed to be watching Disney animated classics with my family.  Anabelle is constantly messaging me to see which movies they can watch without me.  
The answer:  The ones we watched last month.

I e-mailed everyone- “Four is such a lovely number.... “
This was supposed to be the more family relevant, “Five, is such a lovely number!” but I'm at this stupid meeting and I forgot.

Grandma- Good job. Morgan will be very happy. He won't let me sing it anymore. He is tired of five. It is just amazing to me that we are so close now. OXZ



August 15, 2019
N minus 3
Anabelle Sticky Countdown :
“3 whoopee!”

Anabelle sent a hand drawn INote on my phone, celebrating three days left. I have no idea how. The student has now become the master.

I called the All Star Sport “Three Days Before” to confirm room location and connections. She said it shouldn't be a problem and saw the old requests. 

Three times should do it!

Notification of this was answered happily:

Anabelle- WOOOOOHOOOOO

Grandma- Anabelle, your WOO HOOs are always an exciting cheer for our anticipation.    OXZ
Jeffrey, Even in the midst of travel and meetings , you take care of everything. THANKS.   OXZ

Mom compiled the weather forecast.  Hot, humid and afternoon thunderstorms, welcome to August in Florida!


August 16, 2019
N minus 2
Anabelle Sticky Countdown :
“2 woo-hoo!”

Insane checklist for last day of work completed!

No need to type in dates for refurbishment checks anymore! Arrival imminent!

Disney e-mails a “You’re almost here" - message with helpful tips.
It says it will be hot and rainy in August (Gee, ya think?)
And that we should plan, eat and plan more.
It’s like they know us.

Kim- I got that one too.  I was amused by the forecast of typical August Florida Weather.
Grandma-   Why do you get all the e-mails? Because we gave them your cell number??.
But the reservations have us separate with separate e-mail accounts ??? OXZ
Me- Maybe Disney is so awesome they know you hate e-mails?



August 17, 2019
N minus 1
Anabelle Sticky Countdown :
“1 what fun!  One More Day! 

Anabelle’s comment on the side effects of planning so long, "It doesn’t feel like we’re going tomorrow, because were going August 18, 2019 and that’s a long way away."

I woke up to no e-mails or texts about airline check in.  I panicked at bit, but Rosa stayed calm and logged in. After a few family phone calls, we all checked in for the flight.
My wife and I are very good about taking turns to be the one who panics.

Crap, Astro Orbiter is staying closed while we’re there. More people in our way on other rides.

Of course, with a day to go, they update the Castle menu a great deal.  The Plaza update is only the addition of an insane doughnut topped milkshake. 
[Later Edit- which Kim and Dave will devour happily.]

August 18, 2019
We have Reached “N”

N is for
New Hotel!!!
Neato!
Nifty!
‘Nother Awesome Disney Adventure Underway!

Click here for the trip 
(Starting next week, 
assuming all this stalling has given me time to write it, edit it, ad photos to it, edit it some more, ask my family about stuff I forgot, edit it some more, read it to Anabelle and learn a boatload of things I forgot and edit it again.)


2 comments:

Anabelle said...

I thought that “n” stood for Noot....a disappointment indeed :(

Jeff McGinley said...

Nice to know the insanity didn’t fall far from the tree. Love you sweetie.