Sunday, August 2, 2026

Disney World 2025 Day 8 – Sunday, May 25

I'm Going To Go Back There Someday... (Plot Twist!)

Ending the way we started this adventure- we got up at the real Stupid O’clock in the morning.
This allowed assembling everything together and emptying the room in time to do all the exciting, final day, Disney stuff we wanted to.

I had planned to give my Animal Flip Flops, which began life for a Disney trip, a proper send off by tossing them in a can at the soon to be gone Muppet Courtyard. 
(Foreshadowing- It wasn't worth the effort, and I threw them out in the room.) 

Over at the main building, we stored the luggage, Anabelle traded for a cool Ariel pin in the store, and we reached the bus stop. 
After Anabelle's final Dewey picture, naturally.
 
A Star Wars bus appropriately going to MGM was already there and we were off.
(Foreshadowing- The bus was already at the stop, if it was already at MGM that wouldn't help. And I wouldn't know.  That’s probably obvious. Moving on.)
It was full, and I thought I was close enough to the bar behind me to stabilize myself for the standing ride.
(Foreshadowing- No, no I was not.)
 
One woman grabbed my arm before I flew into the rear passengers, and another offered her seat. Once I had grabbed a bar, there was no way I was moving. I thanked her anyway. Two awesome Disney guests on one Disney Bus!!! YAY!
 
We reached MGM the earliest before opening we made it to any Park on the entire trip.
Anabelle- “We should empty the room and store the bags every day.”
Me- “Maybe we should just work on getting up without being in a total fog.”
Anabelle- “I arise with grace and poise.”
 
Gotta love the Star Wars fans taking advantage of MGM Extra Magic Hour Half Hour. One woman wore a dress made out of the Up the Lake Return of the Jedi curtains. 
(Foreshadowing- As in, the same fabric, I’m pretty sure Kim still has ours.  That’s probably obvious. Moving on.)
 
We got up to security and the guard’s name read…
Benhur.
I’m guessing he forgot his own tag that day.
 
The three of us went down Sunset Boulevard, (clomp clomp) since Extra Magic Hour Half Hour entry must be in a group. Anabelle posed in front of the Terror O’ Tower in her shirt from that attraction she’s had since she was seven. It is on track to easily surpass my Headless Horseman shirt for “oldest Disney Shirt” meaning she could not leave it behind. Mine only dates back to middle school.
(Foreshadowing- I will continue to mention this on every Disney trip these shirts come on. That is, all of them.)

Therefore, it was her morning wear, before changing into appropriate “mourning wear” for Muppetvision.
A reminder that, even when sad, I am hilarious.
 
There we were, on the line pointing to the Terror O’ Tower, but not moving, because it was a half hour before opening. “This kinda defeats the purpose,” we thought. Rosa went shopping once we started moving into the attraction proper at 8:24. Wow, that is a heck of a hill. I usually don’t notice these things. (clomp clomp.)
 
The Rod Serling pre show started before official opening time. We were let out of the library room at exactly 8:30. Disney knows moving people, yes sir. We were in the very first car of the day. YAAAAAAAY!!!
 
Now having done the Towers on both coasts semi-close to each other, I think I still like the Twilight Zone one better by a smidge. You should be scared plummeting. Speaking of being scared, there was a little girl on the ride for the first time with us. I saw another family member ask her Mom, “Did she like it?” when we exited.
The girl stared at him stone faced and solemnly shook her head side to side. Alas.
All the kids in our family have gone through that experience before liking the ride.
 
Oh, that lock three limbs thing I did to protect my foot on all of the other thrill rides?
The Terror O’ Tower was having none of that. My big ole boot pistoned up and down like a piledriver.
Good thing it was the final day. (CLOMP!! CLOMP!! CLOMP!!)
 
Anabelle ran to change her shirt to match our Muppet wear while we all texted each other about where to meet up. Line checks and what we had done on previous days led us to decide on Uncle Jesse’s ride- Toy Story Mania. YAAAY! We ran to meet Rosa there before Extra Magic Hour Half Hour ended. (clompclomp)
 
Hey, the Candy Land board in the queue, on the ceiling, “under Andy’s bed” doesn’t have characters on it. That started back in 1984. The use of that version means either:
It is an example of Andy inheriting more older toys, like Woody. (This is true.)
Or…
One of the game designers behind the attraction is my age and remembered the old board. (This is also true.)
 
There was only a fifteen minute wait! YAY!
Then the ride broke, shutting down two of the three tracks. Alas.
A whole bunch of people ahead of us gave up after hearing that announcement and left. YAY!
Extra Magic Hour Half Hour ended letting the Guests with Lightning Lanes in. Alas.
There was a super excited French kid on line next to us that was entertaining the whole time we were there, and let Anabelle practice her Duolingo training listening to his excitement. YAAAAAY!!!
 
Mr. Potato head woke up just as we reached him. (Alas for Anabelle- YAY! For the French kid, who was thrilled for – “A Photo avec Monsieur Patate.”  YAAAAY!)
(Foreshadowing- One of the most famous stand-up comedians in history is now immortalized as a potato. Interesting, no?)
 
Anabelle was unaware of the history of Mr. Potatohead, that he started as a box of stuff to stick into real potatoes.
(Foreshadowing- And disgusted by it too.)
She asked- “Was that back in the Victorian time? Do you know because of your socks?”
Parenthood, the gift that keeps on giving.
 
To help the line move, there was a “glasses valet” handing the 3D gogs out to us as we waited.
(Foreshadowing- This did not help the line move.)
As we neared the front, Anabelle heard guests loudly complaining that they had to wait an entire fifteen minutes for their Lightning Lane and stated, “Hold me back, I’m gonna start swinging!”
Patience is not something we do in our clan.
 
The ride was awesome as always. I think the long wait blew my aim worse than usual. (Which is considerable.) Anabelle was not affected in the least and scored best in car.

Over in the Animation Courtyard (clomp clomp) there was the New Little Mermaid show pre-opening event, as well as the early stages of Cool Kid Summer. Donald and a Director were having a dance party circle in the middle of the area. (Accidental alliteration alert. Awesome!) Goofy was roaming and bid Anabelle congratulations on his way out. Goofy Spawn had his own line, as did someone we couldn’t see in the back.
Checking that area, we learned (naturally) Rosa had summoned “Her Boys” again.
 
The girl in front of us to meet them had an injured wrist from being a soccer goalie. The Handler also played and gave her advice about it. He also called Chip and Dale brothers.
(Foreshadowing- Nope. I refuse to get into that again.)
 
Anabelle, meanwhile, was the only one on line to see Goofy Spawn, and had a grand time with him. YAAAAY! This allowed her to make it back and have the Handler insist she get into our photos. YAAY!
 
Chip and Dale were (as always) thrilled to see Rosa, but sad we were leaving. The Goalie Handler asked about my foot, and when I blamed it on being old, he said, “Never say old!  Young.” I countered with, “Well used.” He accepted that, was glad it was healing, and was another of the many Awesome Happy Cast Members to point out it helped my overall pirate look. Arrrrrr.

It was time to bid our true farewells to the final work of Jim Henson and Richard Hunt. While the Cast Member at the entrance was quite non-Muppety (alas) we did get the entire pre show this time. YAY!!!!! We also saw a pair cosplaying as Statler and Waldorf.
(Foreshadowing- Anabelle found and complimented them on Tik Tok the next day. YAY!)
(Foreshadowing- Hey, that one was almost real foreshadowing… unlike this one!)
 
It was so cool to see the theater completely filled with laughing Guests every time. Muppets have so much subtle stuff going on. I noticed the highly in character moment of how much Fozzie was getting into the “Three D’s” performance in the pre-show. Jim Henson always encouraged the performers to try to steal the spotlight. Therefore, for this outing, I focused on all the background characters in every scene. It did not disappoint. YAAY!
(Foreshadowing- I finally learned why there is almost no Jerry Nelson in this attraction. His known total devotion to Sesame Street appeared again, and he absolutely refused to miss any time filming that show to make the film for the attraction. Also, we're back to me not knowing what foreshadowing is.)
 
Clarabelle was supposed to be out on Grand Avenue, but she was not. Alas.
(Foreshadowing- She was not, because she was over in the new Cool Kid Summer dance party, which also had inside elements we would only learn about after we left. Alas. Anabelle- “PLBBBBBBTTTHHH!!!”)
 
We went back to Muppet Courtyard one final time (*sniff*) and got a Cast Member to take our pictures in full Muppet garb by the Miss Piggy fountain. The Awesome Happy and much more Muppety Cast Member welcomed us at the door. We caught almost the whole pre show again. YAY!!!
 
A little boy entering near us did not want to sit in the front. (“I don’t wanna see Sweetums!”) However, we grabbed seats in the third row, on the left side. There, we got great views of Sweetums and the orchestra for our last round, as well as a close up viewing of Bean in the balcony.
 
We left Muppetvision for the final time…
*Gonzo voice* “FOREVER?!?!?!?!”
*Sniff*
 

Rosa wanted a regular hot dog, and we knew they were at the Dockside Diner here. Anabelle decided she wanted one too. I had studied the counter service menus extensively (as part of an ongoing, life long process) and knew several things I would have been happy to try. However, A) All the ones that looked great at the Commissary and Backlot Express could not be eaten while walking between Parks. And B) StarWarsLand and Ronto Wraps were too far away, as them getting hot dogs was going to be really speedy.
(Foreshadowing- I was excessively wrong in SO MANY WAYS.)
 
After having time to down multiple ice waters, they got their hot dogs. Per my menu list, they came with homemade chips (YAAAY!) which Anabelle shared with me (More YAAAAAY!) They were not Gluten Free (Alas.) so they gave Rosa a bag of regular Lays. (YAY!)
I may be getting less of one of my favorite sides in the future. (Alas.) Because Anabelle now understands my obsession with home made chips. (YAAAY!)
 
I figured a Mickey pretzel would hold me until EPCOT where excellent walkable food abounded.
(Foreshadowing- Yes this was dancing close to CrazyHungryLand again, but I had a system this time.)
(More Foreshadowing- No. No I did not.)
 
There was a stand nearby that sold pretzels, but also popcorn, meaning the line extended past Animal Kingdom. Luckily, Anabelle found herself with far more time on her hands than expected and located a normal pretzel vendor over on Sunset. She texted me a diagram to aid on my quest. (clomp clomp)
 
Almost everything at that Market on Sunset was “grab it yourself before paying” food and drinks. The only exceptions were Mickey Pretzels, churros and three alcoholic beverages. I figured this would be quite a fast moving line.
(Foreshadowing- No. No it was not.)
 
With both of our line delays, the hot dogs were gone by the time we reached the MGM exit. On the way my phone informed me that this week I had a “new steps trend.” NO FOOLING!!! (clomp clomp clomp)
 
While waiting for a pitstop, a British pre-teen mistook me for someone he’d talked to in another Park earlier in the week. He kept saying where and when he saw me, and I would point out I wasn’t there. After multiple instances of him stating he knew me from places I didn’t go, he called his Father to ask if I was who I was not.
(Foreshadowing- No. No I was not.)
The man said, “You talked to him for twenty minutes, I think he’d remember if it was him.”
And the surreal experience ended.
 
Outside of MGM, we asked a security Cast Member to point us to the Trail to EPCOT. He looked at my boot and his eyes bugged a bit. “YOU’RE GOING TO WALK!?!?!”
I love subverting expectations.
 
It was very pretty but also was excessively hot. Yes, walking was faster than the boat, but after the good experience boating to Downtown, we will not be doing this again. (clomp clomp clomp clomp clomp …[“It should be seventeen ‘clomps’ “ -Anabelle: who dumped her entire water bottle on her head part way through the journey. It helped some.])
 
We did get to see the Boardwalk, which was a cool new experience. Rosa and I stopped there briefly on a similar hop when we went before Anabelle was born. But Anabelle is still offended by us “leaving her out” on that trip, meaning it doesn’t count. We congratulated a couple taking wedding photos there. YAAY!
 
Since the Resort Mugs can be filled at any Resort now, (or is that "again?") we stopped in a deli connected to a Deluxe EPCOT resort for a drink. The fancy hotel cheaped out on how full the mug gets with the fountain beverages. Humph.
 
On one of the Boardwalk stretches, a woman wearing a boot like mine, with two friends, was coming the other way.
(Foreshadowing- She had two friends, not her boot. Maybe her boot had friends. I have no clue. That’s probably obvious. Moving on.)
We “Spider-Man Memed” for a bit, and then chatted about how we were doing. I said, “Healing, you know… compression socks.” She grabbed her friend and yelled in her face, “I TOLD YOU!!!!” She said they were only there shopping for the day, I countered, “We’ve been here all week.”
She pointed once more said, “He is my spirit animal.”
 
Up one last hill (clomp clomp clomp) and we reached the International Gateway to EPCOT! YAAY!
I sat on a bench to give my boot both a deflation and a much needed Velcro adjustment. The bench was not nailed down, contrary to EVERY OTHER BENCH IN DISNEY WORLD!! I almost ended up in a bush with it when it rocked heavily as I stood up.
 
France was next door to that entrance and the Ratatouille ride with a fifty-minute wait was once more a walk on for us single riders. YAAAAY!!!!! Anabelle was asking Rosa why she liked it so much, and first she said it reminded her of “Honey I Shrunk the Audience,” which kinda tracked. Then she said it really reminded her of the old “Body Wars” ride. When I pointed out that was exactly the same simulator vehicle as Star Tours, which she hates, Rosa replied, “I was young.”
 
Rosa’s outstanding photographic skills were called on by some strangers by the rat fountain. Afterwards, we started working our way out of World Showcase. (clomp clomp clomp)
 
In England, it was time for Alice to appear.
She did not. Alas.
 
Rosa went to the back to ask the Pooh handler again, while Anabelle and I looked around. Then I saw Alice through a doorway. I sent Anabelle around the front while I went through the building. Rosa saw her coming and frantically started calling both of us. Eventually we ended up chasing her throughout the Pavilion in the near hundred-degree heat. (There was excessive, if short range, clomping.) A guy with all her movie’s characters on his outfit was first in line for Alice. After him, the Handler (who had also been chasing her) finally caught up, and said the meeting would be somewhere shady.
Anabelle walked and talked with Alice about books, and them having words and pictures in them, from the Back of England all the way to the front, then across the road to a little alcove on the Lagoon side. (clomp clomp clomp) YAAY!
They chatted some more, took photos, and Alice was excited to see herself on the cover of the shiny Autograph Book and be asked to sign it. YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

After the hot pursuit, we took a moment to collect ourselves before all EPCOT Death March penduluming over to Mexico. (clomp clomp clomp)
 
The Grand Fiesta line had built up due to people seeing an air-conditioned escape from the heat. However, the wait was still short, it just stretched through the Pavilion with big spaces in it. YAY!
 
On the way out, we passed the little store there. I learned the plush Axolotl they always have on display has a name! it is Axel Otto. What else would it be? Anabelle found a Koda pin. YAAAAAAAAAY!!!
 
There was some flirting with CrazyHungryLand when I realized we didn’t have the time or Quick Service Meals for tacos. Fortunately, on the way back around, at the Trowel and Trellis Kiosk, (clomp clomp clomp) I found the means of staving off disaster before the pretzel crash hit. They had Soy Glazed Pork Sticky Ribs. There were only two, and they were not Flame Tree Ribs, but my sanity was preserved. (Or as preserved as it can get for me.)
(Foreshadowing- It his highly likely the inclusion of Tropical Punch, another adventure with rum, contributed heavily to preserving that bit of sanity.)
 
They went into that start of World Showcase store that I never remember the name of, but I may look up.
(Foreshadowing- No. No I did not.)
 
Anabelle called me urgently, Rosa watched my rum for a moment, and in I went. They had a cool, teal, Figment Polo Shirt! YAAAAAAAAAY!!!!  There has not been a cool Figment shirt in my size since the last one I bought. 
(Foreshadowing- That one was over twenty-five years ago Also it was white, making it not that cool.)

On the way into Future World, (clomp clomp clomp) a random cart was handing out free Uncrustables.
(Foreshadowing- The two ribs would not have been enough, even with the rum, though it was a nice delay. The add on of the Uncrustable truly saved me from CrazyHungryLand)
We each got a different flavor, but as they are gluteny, Anabelle ate two.

In general, we spent more time taking in the Flower and Garden Festival than photographing ourselves with it. However, on the way to Imagination, we did get a PhotoPass with the Lion King topiary, because it was extra cool.

While heading to Imagination, Anabelle said Rosa looked like she was having pensive thoughts.
Her reply- “This Uncrustable is heavy.”
(Foreshadowing-in The heat may have gotten to her.)
(More Foreshadowing- This is where Anabelle ate her second Uncrustable.)
 
We rode Figment! YAAAAY!!! The computer remained broken but still… YAAAAAAAAY!!!
Figment was going back into the Imagination Port when we came out, but we got to wave good bye. YAAAY!!! But boo hoo.

Anabelle made her own Figment for old times sake before we left. YAY!
She named it “Peh.” Please, don’t ask.
 
Up the outside jumping fountain stairs, the Visa photo spot had a half hour wait. This was one of the few pieces of evidence of the crowd increasing over Memorial Day weekend.
(Foreshadowing- In hindsight, (so, aftshadowing again, really) those weird extended food waits in MGM may have been another.)
We didn’t want to spend time the last day waiting for characters that, no matter who it was, (not Stitch) we had already met. We decided ending on the Big Ball was a more proper finale or our EPCOT Themed Family on this EPCOT Focused Visit. YAAY!!
 
However, since it was a billion degrees, we passed through the new Moana thing first. Moana was leaving her meeting place as we passed. Anabelle stated, “It’s hot. I would too.” They soaked their heads on various spots. I kept my boot dry for the trip home and stuck my hat in the spring. Aaahhh. By Te Fiti, Anabelle did the PhotoPass on her own and got a new Magic Shot, High fiving the ocean! YAAAY!!!

Approaching the Ball, we all agreed that next time we come, Anabelle and I will pre-book the Guardians ride FastPass.

 
We learned you can’t top Judy Dench, and The Big Ball (in English) was wonderful as always. I pointed out the painted over space station with still functioning animatronics hidden inside it. Anabelle may never ride again.
 
In the last pin trade store on the way out, Anabelle scored a cartoony Princess Leia to go with the Luke she got in California last year.
We wanted a final PhotoPass right before the exit, but it was a weird 360-degree thing that only Anabelle figured out and tried to get us to stand properly spaced.
(Foreshadowing- Which we failed to listen to her about.)
 
Then Rosa took her own photos of Anabelle in front of the Ball holding a map. Rosa will use her photo magic to replace the map and make graduation pictures. Am I lucky or what?
(Foreshadowing- Yes. Yes, I am.)

The McGinley EPCOT Thunderstorm of Inconvenience threatened all day, but never hit.
(Foreshadowing- It would later.)
Anabelle and Rosa decided to skip out of the Park on the final day.
“I’m not skipping.” – Me (clomp clomp clomp)
 
We hiked over to where we had to wait, (clomp clomp clomp) and sadly stood at the lonely- mid day Park leaving- bus stop. Alas.
 
Going over the day, I said, “The walk between Parks was pretty but wouldn’t recommend doing it every trip.” Anabelle replied, “Never again. It was so hot I almost melted.”
As she did dump her water bottle on her head, this is believable.
 
When the bus arrived, someone who needed way more practice took forever exiting it on a mobile assist scooter.
I pointed them out to Anabelle- “That’s why I refused to rent a scooter.”
My loving daughter’s reply was- “I would have left you behind.”
Me- “I know. That’s why I didn’t get one.”
Parenthood, the gift that keeps on giving.
 
As usual, we were very sad to leave but INCREDIBLY tired. 
(Foreshadowing- We would be more tired.)
 
Anabelle got an amazing farewell present. At the front desk and cafeteria, she found and traded for outstanding Captain Hook and Ariel pins. As always, she replaced them with samples from her “good pins” selection for those high quality ones, because she has class.
(Foreshadowing- It is possible she got the Ariel pin in the morning, but I think she got two Ariel pins on the last day. If I had any sense, I would check.)
(More Foreshadowing- No. No I did not.)
 
We had our last Disney food in the End Zone resort cafeteria. I am not proud. Anabelle used the final snacks to get apples and a croissant. I wanted to upscale and got salmon with broccoli and rice. I forgot that the reason Disney food is so good tends to be connected to spices and sauces, which the food court does not have many of. It was well made but a bit bland. However, it was perfect food for before travelling. My foot gave out a bit after the whole week and I stumbled bringing the tray to the table, dropping to one knee while sending Anabelle’s Croissant flying in a graceful arc across the room. An Awesome Happy Cast Member saw me and replaced it immediately. YAAY!
 
Rosa got a custom-made dish of chicken alfredo that was completed in time (because she hurried) to eat before we left. YAY! They couldn’t separate the bread stick from the order. (I sense Disneyland influence.) Anabelle took a bite of the separately packed item and said, “You can have the rest. It’s not that good.”
(Foreshadowing- This was an accurate assessment.)
Remarkably, this was the first time since this version (Table-Quick-Snack per day) of the Meal Plan existed, we were not madly cashing in snacks at end of our trip. I guess dropping the second snack was an accurate choice.
 
We did our final Mug run. Alas. 
 
The McGinley EPCOT Downpour of Inconvenience hit just as I got the message that the Mears shuttle had arrived. I ran out (clompclomp) to see a mini-van taxi, not the bus we expected, driving away. Fortunately, it came back.
(Foreshadowing- The driver did his job well, so I gave him a high rating, but in the comments, I yelled at Mears for depriving us of the Faux Magic Express experience we paid for.)
 
The driver was arguing with the company while we pulled out, and they called me to make sure we were in his cab. Weird.
 
Yet again, Disney World felt like we were there forever but also not at all.  
 
In the airport we checked our bags, put the tags on them, and Anabelle yelled at Rosa “DONT THROW IT OUT!” scaring both of us.
 
We stopped in the giant airport Disney Store. Anabelle- “Maybe we missed something.”
(Foreshadowing- No. No, we did not.)

 
We were listed for premier security again. Orlando airport doesn’t have that. Rosa and Anabelle went through regular security quickly. Because I had my boot note, I got to keep it on this time. Then I got to wait while the boot was patted, swabbed, and wanded. (Which took a while because no one knew where the wand was.) The guy asked about the injury and said, “That’s painful young man.” Then asked what far too many others did throughout the trip. “Did you hear it pop?” Yikes! 
(Foreshadowing- No. No, I did not.)
(More Foreshadowing- I am not adding new running gags on the last day. I am test driving them for the next trip.)

On the tram, a guy across from us gave his family hand sanitizer and offered it to us. We showed him ours and I said, “It’s the only way to travel.”
Him- “Don’t wanna get sick on vacation.”
Me- “Yup.”
Rosa- (quietly to Anabelle) “Did you take your antibiotic?”
 
Florida this day- 18711 steps
6.8 miles 
 
At the gate next to ours, the heavy rains meant the Cleveland flight that taxied out had to come back due to crew time out. They had just learned it would be at least two hours till they got new pilots and attendants. They were not a happy bunch.
(Foreshadowing- Neither would we be.)
 
In the men’s room, the ENTIRE time we were in the airport, a janitor was constantly cleaning the floor with a soaked mop. For me and my boot, it was like an ice rink in there. (clomp clomp whooooaaaahh!)
 
In reality, our flight wasn’t delayed that much. They just handled it as stupidly as possible. Our flight said “on time” but checking “where is this plane coming from” showed that flight coming in from Newark was late. They didn’t update our flight being late until boarding time. Then when boarding time came around again, they said they didn’t know when boarding would be, because our crew was stuck in Tampa. Luckily, they found some volunteers and the total delay was only an hour. Anabelle watched the “Rogue” Doctor Who episode, plus the new episode from the night before to see if she would understand it better.
(Foreshadowing- She still had no idea what was going on.)
 
The beleaguered but still effective and happy boarding guy was a Muppet fan and complimented our shirts while we entered the plane.
 
Hey, y’know another perk of the Early Flight to Disney. Passengers willing to travel at Stupid O’Clock in the morning know how to board a friggin’ plane. This boarding took FOREVER.
 
The three of us got to sit together. YAY!
Pre flight entertainment was a little boy across the aisle giving an epic Transformers TED Talk. Also, YAY!
 
Anabelle watched more Doctor Who, Rosa rested, I read trip notes, Dune and Ghost Rider again. I can’t sleep on flights, but I start to nod off on the descent EVERY TIME!!!!
 
Those people who can’t board a plane, they can’t get off them either. One guy pulled down his whole family’s five pieces of hard carry-on luggage and lined them up in the aisle, so we’d have to steeplechase over them to get out while he goofed around in his seat.
Schmuck.
 
In Newark Airport, Anabelle may have been exhausted beyond her limits.
“I’m so sleepy, I could sleep a horse.”
 
The bags took forever to come out, because we were no longer in Disney and back to “they hate us.”
 
Then I led us out the wrong door because limo drivers always say to go to the one side where there are less cars, but in the middle of the night it didn’t matter. We had a young - and apparently hot shot - limo driver. I passed out, but Rosa was up, and Anabelle was on and off for the crazy ride home that included a donut on a side street after a wrong turn. Woo Hoo!
 
More exhaustion symptoms:
Anabelle fell asleep on the living room floor.
I took my boot off, then put it back on to go to the shower downstairs, but on the wrong foot.
 
Luckily, one of us still had a functioning brain cell.
(Foreshadowing- It was Rosa… its always Rosa.)
She guided everyone to bed.

In the following days:
Souvenirs were sorted.
The pin haul was integrated into the collection. 
The survival of The Grid was celebrated and it was stored.
Results of successful "missions" were filed.
And Tiny Donald, who had seen EVEN MORE THINGS, was given a much needed deep cleaning.


 
19027 steps (NJ +1743), 7.1 miles (NJ +.66)
 
Total    174268 steps  65.1 miles
Average 21783.5 steps per day 8.1 miles per day
 



 
7255 words for notes
 
The last trip with all nine of us was 83.4 miles but over 10 days (Average 8.3 miles per day)
Which means having a damaged ankle only slowed me up less than a quarter mile a day.
(Or, more likely, we've gotten slightly more efficient in selecting locations.)
 
52,624 words just about forty one hundred words longer than The Outsiders.
With planning 79,838 words. Well over a thousand words past of The Picture of Dorian Gray but still five books short of the “All Nine of Us” Disney World trip last time.
(Foreshadowing- The rest of my family does add a great deal of comedy material.)

No comments: