Monday, April 24, 2023

Walt Disney World 2022 August 2- 11

So It Was Kind of a Fiasco, But Somehow It Worked Out Anyway
Or
Against Oom-Pahsible Odds, the Return of Our Disney Loving Horde



Though there were a myriad of reasons for it to fall through,
somehow Grandma returned...
                                                                     

the McGinley and Luer families en masse to Disney World for a successful and fun trip, 
where nobody actively tried to injure each other.
(I suspect Grandpa watching over us)          
 
It was a Disney Miracle!
 (With our first ever visit to StarWarsLand, a reference...even a lame one...was needed.)

For folks new to our Disney Adventures (Boy, will they be confused!):

Grandma is my Mother, Rosa is my wife and Anabelle is my 18 year old daughter.
My sister Kim’s family is her husband Dave, and children Aurora (16) Veronica (14) and Morgan (10).
Ages listed are at the time of the trip

Sometimes I will refer to Kim and Dave as “Auntie Kim” and “Uncle Dave.”
There will be no rhyme or reason as to when this decision is made. Tough noogies.

As always, the links go active once a week as the action ridiculousness packed days get posted.

Also as always, Anabelle has come up with largely incomprehensible daily titles based on one specific, weird experience we had together that led to nonstop inside (and a quite a few outside) jokes.



New this time, but likely to be always, quotes from other family members came from our out loud reading sessions to ensure I didn’t forget anything. These do not include the myriad embarrassed admissions of “Oh yeah, I did that,” by all members of the family.

Also new this time, and equally likely to be always, everyone decided I should use pictures where our faces are visible for the first time. Technically this was new last time...but that decision was made after I already selected and uploaded all the photos, therefore I certainly wasn't changing them all. It should be blatantly obvious that this is new, as the photos are far more clumped in groups, and there will be over or under representation of people on any given day. The main picture of each day is sometimes symbolic of the park, sometimes connected to the day's title and sometimes when I went "ooh, that's pretty."  There is no pattern to this either. I have chosen to address these issues by not giving any hoots. 

Also also as always, for those interested in delving into the insane machinations of our minds as we prepared for a Disney Trip, those moments have already been posted to give me time to write up the extensiveness of the actual adventure.

Planning


4 comments:

Dina Roberts said...

I'm not new here but appreciate the age reference! There have times I have been unsure of how old Kim and Dave's kids are. Also...I was talking to Tim about you guys and he was asking how many families went. I was pretty sure Veronica, Aurora, and Morgan were all siblings but didn't know for sure. Then I started thinking/saying...well, they probably are. Because I don't remember any extra adults besides Grandma, Kim and Dave. (though I wasn't 100% certain since I tend to forget things).

Anyway....I'm so excited to read. I just finished reading the 2019 trip. I had decided I did not want to confuse myself further by reading two trips simultaneously.

Dina Roberts said...

Holy crap.

Just finished reading whole post.

I'm SO excited about photos with faces!!!!!!!!!!!

Dina Roberts said...

One more comment (maybe) for this post.

I'm going to try to read each post super slow and may comment as I go. So please expect and excuse multiple comments. Though maybe it will be good for your algorithm?

Jeff McGinley said...

As always, many thanx for reading and glad the intro information is helpful and that you're looking forward to the new posts.

Looking forward to an active and fun dialogue in the comments.