Monday, December 19, 2022

Disney World 2022 Planning- Part 7


January 27, 2022
P minus 188
Kim poses a question:
I thought the Land Pavilion was closed as well, was that just a one day thing that happened on the rare occasion I actually read an article? 
 
My answer:
No, its attractions and eateries are open. Because of the two levels, the Garden Grill was one of the first Character Meals that came back. You may have caught an article on a temporary closure.
 
Speaking of character meals: a food update. 
There will be many food updates…
I like food.
 
I just learned [Later edit- or relearned, we knew this when it first reopened way back] that the Crystal Palace (yes, Anabelle, which you suggested) does not have the Pooh characters (or any characters) at this time. Alas.
 
When I told her this Anabelle reminded me she found a replacement for 1900 Park Faire breakfast a while ago. Topolino’s Terrace is atop the Riviera Resort (near EPCOT), and has Mickey and friends in various “art” outfits (painter, dancer etc.) for breakfast. The food is supposed to be excellent.
 
I think we’ve finally converted Dave, he’s making suggestions:

Dave’s suggestions- Hey, everyone.
Here’s a few things that I have either enjoyed greatly in the past, or have wanted to try.
 
EPCOT – In lieu of the regretfully closed Akershus, I’d like to suggest the Biergarten Restaurant in the German pavilion, for obvious reasons. You know, because I’m German….
[Later edit- We did this, it had long lasting effects.]
 
Magic Kingdom - Liberty Tree Tavern
[Later edit- We had gone here years before when it had characters and no one was really impressed. The characters are gone and the menu is the same.]
 
Animal Kingdom – Yak and Yeti. Great name, menu looks good, too.
[Later edit- Agreed! But we didn’t need another table service there, alas.]
 
MGM – I’ve always liked the Drive in place.
[Later edit- So do the other adults, but the kids may push back after this trip.]
 
Anabelle felt the need to chime in further
I don't know why there is a new email chain for this but helloooo again family!
 
For more specificity (to sell my suggestion mwahaha)
 
The characters at Topolino's Terrace breakfast are Mickey as a painter, Minnie as a writer, Donald as a sculptor, and Daisy as a BALLERINA
And also I have a friend that goes all the time and she said that it's one of her favorite places to eat hehe
 
Anyways feast your eyes on the GLORY *heart eyed smiling emoji and a picture of the characters*
 
love Anabelle :)
 
Also PS i will accept pretty much any places to eat as long as it is not Chef Mickey's 😎
 
Oh and PPS I already made the template for the shirt grid *many knowing smile emoji’s*
 
[Later Edit- Hotel Breakfasts no longer start as crazy early as they used to, and EPCOT opening late has also stopped. Therefore fitting it in became far too problematic. Didn’t want anyone following along who didn’t make the trip with us (all two of you) getting their hopes up as we talked about this place a great deal.]
 
My answers:
For some reason I can't "reply all" to Anabelle correctly. That's why there was a new chain, and why I pasted her last answer into this one. (Dave's answer is below)
[Later edit- it was below in the email, it’s above here, because otherwise these would be harder to follow than they already are, which is considerable.]
Anabelle thank you for additional details, and the shirt grid, and being as insane as I am about this.
 
Hey everyone, we converted Uncle Dave!!!! I shall add these to the consideration list. Again, they changed meal booking to only 60 days out so it will be a while before it is go time. Have no fear, the Movie place is always a high priority.
 
Have fun everyone
 
 
January 28, 2022
P minus 187
Food woes. I found out why Anabelle saw an inexplicably terrible review of Fairfax Faire (the great empanada and other nifty Mexican selection place on the Sunset kiosk farm at MGM). Their menu has changed now to feature only a variety of hot dogs. With that and the vast reduction of the Commissary menu, we may have to try some weird Star Wars counter service food…or the Tater Tot S’more’s at Woody’s Lunch Box.
[Later edit- Ronto Wrap…mmmmmmmm.]
 
OH NO! Be our Guest no longer has “Feast Ala Beast” on the kids menu, the main running gag of our whole last trip.
The horror!!!
I mean…none of the kids are young enough for the kids menu anymore but still…
The HORROR!
 
 

January 29, 2022
P minus 186
This is a definite "hmmmmm"
 
I was originally going to follow our parks plan from last time, because it worked.
 
However, now the night whatever they call Extra Magic hours are only for Deluxe resort guests. 
We used to target the extra times because they applied to us, and it was worth the extra crowds during the day.
They don't have hours yet for when we go, but for the February crowded spring break times, the night extra hours are
Monday EPCOT, Wednesday MK.
 
Last time we went to Sun- MK, Monday- EPCOT, Tuesday- Animal Kingdom, Wednesday- MK 
 
We can’t just switch Monday and Wednesday because Monday in the Magic Kingdom is death, plus then we'd have two MK days in a row.
 
So I'm thinking we do Sunday- MK, Monday-Animal, Tuesday- MK, Wednesday- EPCOT
 
The rest should be OK as we did it after that - Friday’s and Sundays are still not bad MK days.
(I think with StarWarsLand and ToyStoryLand being huge draws, we should leave MGM off the weekends)
Of course, if they throw in early closings at the Magic Kingdom for parties, that could mess up the other days. There's no sign of anything before Halloween and we should be too early for that.   
[Later edit- This would be a "Jeff's Disney World Philosophy" if I knew I was doing those when I sent it to the family.] 

Or to Quote Mr. Turkentine from Charlie and The Chocolate Factory
"I've just decided to switch our Friday schedule to Monday, which means that the test we take each Friday on what we learned during the week will now take place on Monday before we've learned it. But since today is Tuesday, it doesn't matter in the slightest. Pencils ready!"
 
Grandma’s answer:
Fine by me. It makes a lot of sense as you put it. Not going on a Monday to MK is definitely a good idea and no MGM on the weekends is probably an even better idea. I’m sure you’ll be checking everything before you put it in. By the way, I love the quote. It sounds as confusing as our plans sometimes do but we have it good and all down pat by the time we go because of you. OXZ
 
Kim’s answer:
That is actually my most quoted line form that movie.
And the plan sounds good to me too.
 
 
February 1, 2022
P minus 183
With the state of the world, plans are still in flux. However, Grandma bought ponchos and sent this blast of information just to me:
 
I’m looking at the Disney World main site. All Sport is opening March 31. There are $100 $40 and $20 discounts per night for 5 night stays. But the stays have to be up until July 7.
 
As you can guess the Big hotels have the $100. Art of Animation and a bunch of other resorts like Port Orleans and such have $40 and the $20 is for Pop Century and the 3 All Stars. Ten days $20 a day for 3 rooms - $600 would be a nice savings. I wonder if those are less crowded times. But we can’t do it anyway.
 
Did you know about this? Did you say it and I didn’t hear it or pay good enough attention?  OXZ
 
Current Schedule for Extended Evening Theme Park Hours*
Character Dining experiences are currently modified and available at:
[Later edit- Lists deleted because they are long and boring, even when compared to the rest of our planning.]
 
I think you know this already. I think I just had to start Dreaming. You Know “A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes” OXZ
 
 
February 4, 2022
P minus 180
They’re replacing the purple Disney World road signs with blue ones.
Philistines.
[Later Edit- They did not. YAAAY!]
If the world was a normal place, I’d be booking meals now.
 
 

February 5, 2022
P minus 179
Anabelle buys and starts prepping a fancy notebook to officially begin her huge collection of planning lists. I’m so proud. She also realized StarWarsLand exists, and is now obsessed with trying blue milk.
[Later edit- Foolishly I thought that would be her biggest StarWarsLand obsession.]


4 comments:

Dina Roberts said...

I'm looking forward to next Monday!

Jeff McGinley said...

Thank you. That's the official "we booked it" post where things really start to heat up.

Anonymous said...

It is true we did not eat at the "arting / dancing Mickey Minnie place" but all our meals were amazing so thank you again for all the work you did planning.

But next time...
I'm eating with Eric and Eugene (and Ariel and Rapunzel -but we can see them other places so I don't care as much about them) even if I have to do it alone....~(-;

Jeff McGinley said...

Thank you Kim. I know about that breakfast, if it comes back. I have been informed by several family members, for several reasons why we need that one.

The planning never stops!