Monday, February 20, 2023

Disney World 2022 Planning- Part 16



March 28, 2022 Disney World 2022 Planning- Part 15
P minus 127
Conversation between those who were there {Kim, Grandma and I}:
Me- Rosa is watching new Charmed and I’m keeping myself busy so I don’t make fun of it and get smacked.
 
I was flipping through the Birnbaum guide and reached the page with the Contemporary and monorail. I immediately had a super strong memory of the smell of the room there. It was cool.
 
Kim- I love when stuff like that happens. I used to feel like I was on Soarin’ every time I smelled oranges.
 
Grandma- Ah the Contemporary and the monorail that is a wonderful Memory. I wish I could afford to bring you all there. But I guess it is good to go to Disney multiple times instead of just once which is what you probably would pay for that. As to smells Main Street is my favorite. I can’t bring it up but when we get to go, especially the first day, I find myself inhaling a great deal over and over.
 
Memories, especially wonderful ones, are great anyway or anywhere they come. Sharing them with you and you sharing with me is the GREATEST. OXZ
[Later Edit- Read a nice article on the Incredibles refurbished “Fireworks View” room in the Contemporary main A-frame tower. It has the exact amenities we had when we stayed there…but now costs an insane $1200 a night. We are very happy dragging our exhausted carcasses back to the All Star Resorts and passing out there, thank you very much.]
 
 
March 30, 2022
P minus 125
The Hoop De Doo returns on June 23.
 
I know we don't go, but it's nice to know it is there.
 
Grandma answer: YESSS!  Jeffrey is right. It is great to know that it is back. I think there are too many other places we love to eat to go back there but the memories are still wonderful. OXZ
 
Kim answer: I WANNA GO TO THE HOOP DEE DOO!!!!!!
 
I asked which other activity we should eliminate to make room for that, and she had no idea. I said, “Welcome to my life.”
 
Disney management announced people should expect two to three rides using Genie+…
Which means they admit you’re paying for less than you got with the previous free FastPass Plus
That guaranteed three a day – minimum, and often one or two more.
No wonder everyone says it sucks.
 
 
April 4, 2022
P minus 120
The Guardians of the Galaxy, whatever the heck it is tracked ride in EPCOT opens on May 27. Virtual queues? Pay to ride? How will it affect crowds when we go? I have no idea! One more bit of confusion in the puzzle.
 
Grandma- Wow. I would think we might pay for that. Only if the paying doesn’t still mean 3 hours wait. OXZ
 
Me- The first summer it's open, it may be that long. They may not even have pay to ride, just the virtual queues like some other rides had when they first open. (Which means constant phone checking, and a long line.)
We'll have to see what the options are. Honestly, as cool as it looks, my initial instinct is to ignore this one, let it suck up vast numbers of people on its line and focus on the other attractions it pulls the crowds away from.
 
Grandma and Anabelle both said, “That works for me.” No one else answers my emails. 
Alas.
 
 
April 5, 2022
P minus 119
Aerialists ARE coming back with the Tumble Monkeys in the Lion King Show!
[Later edit- I guess I should look ahead before adding a “Later edit,” huh?]
 
New Nemo show and Adventurers' Outpost Mickey and Minnie also returning in the coming months.
 
Anabelle’s answer: YESSSSSSS
Today I walked by Jermaine Samuels and he had the coolest Toy Story hoodie I've ever seen and I thought "finding out my favorite player on our basketball team also likes Disney is the best news of today!!"
I would like to extend my apologies to Jermaine. He has been dethroned.
[Later edit- She meant for “best news of the day.” It took me a while to figure that out too.]
 
Grandma’s answer: Double Good News. DISNEY & BASKETBALL what a great combination. Anabelle you rock. OXZ
 
Kim’s answer- That's great news, the Tumble Monkeys are my favorite. I didn't realize they had been gone
 
 
April 6, 2022
P minus 118
AAH! Now planning an early May Colorado trip because it’s the only time one fits. Oh well, that’s a lot less involved.
 
 
April 10, 2022
P minus 114
From Grandma:
This was supposed to go out Yesterday. As of Yesterday, we had 3 months, 3 weeks & 3 days wait for Disney.
 
So now we have 2 days. Maybe one day less will make you feel better. OOOOOOOO XXXXXXXX ZZZZZZZZ
 
Fool that I am, I suggested she was a month off, because I didn’t add in the weeks. Duh.
 
 
April 16, 2022
P minus 108
Anabelle is still convinced only the pressure of an upcoming trip inspires us to finish our photo albums from the last trip. She may be right. With a little sorting help (Rosa by day, and then me checking the story at night for order) Anabelle assembled the books today.
 
 
April 17, 2022
P minus 105
Jeff’s and Anabelle’s Disney World Philosophy:
Anabelle put some more detailed work into the shirt grid, and her huge personal grid and PowerPoint to coordinate her outfits. She said planning is actually the best part of Disney, by a little bit, because once the trip hits it goes so fast. It’s kind of like Christmas that way.
[Later edit- This is why I put so much work into documenting the trip afterwards as well. Anything to extend the Disney World Experience.]
 
 
April 18, 2022
P minus 106
Character hugs are officially back! Normal character dining is back in some places (Tusker House, Topolino’s, Chef Mickey’s, Play and Dine) Castle isn’t restored yet, but still open. No other places open. Weird.
 
Grandma looked up when will the dining plan will come back and found the same article I did, with an April addendum. Now they think May could be premature and it might not be till later in summer.
[Later edit- Or, in fact, never.]
 
 
April 20, 2022
P minus 104
The GOP Florida governor and senate have voted to repeal Reedy Creek, the act that makes Disney pretty much able to run itself. Here’s hoping the house figures out how badly that’s going to raise everyone that votes for them’s taxes before the finish the job. Also, those who face the Mouse in court seldom do well. Here’s hoping that continues.
 
 
April 21, 2022
P minus 103
With hugs and autographs back, character wait times have jumped up. Oddly, the other line wait times have not gone down.
 
 
April 22, 2022
P minus 102
Disney has created an anomaly in the universe: 
The one Disney souvenir that would fit in her collection that Grandma would NEVER buy:
A mug based on the Ugly-Ass Castle as Pink Birthday cake from the 25th anniversary.
Dave- That looks like the wicked witch house from Hansel and Gretel……
Me- The Castle was so much worse…like a big pink turd in the middle of the park
Grandma- It is an abomination. It is so gross. Even if it wasn’t Pink it would be awful. What were they thinking? Is someone at Disney insane? That is the only explanation I can think of. I am revolted. OXZ
Anabelle texted me that Grandma’s reply was the funniest email she’s ever gotten.
 
April 25, 2022
P minus 99
Got one right!
AllEars had their daily wait times article.
It was titled "Are Sundays the best days to visit this park"
 
It was Animal Kingdom.
 
Yay!
 
 
April 26, 2022
P Minus 98
The normal style Chip and Dale meet and greet has returned to the Magic Kingdom.
 
The video looks like Frontierland but I don't recognize where. We'll have to use Rosa's Chipmunk-sense
 
Kim’s response: Woohoo!!!!!! and Yippee!!!!!
[Later Edit- It wasn’t Frontierland. Rosa found them anyway. How does she do that?]


2 comments:

Dina Roberts said...

It's cool on how you worked on the photo albums as a team.

I like your Disney World philosophy. Fun things in life go by way too fast, so it's nice to keep them alive in various ways.

I like the ugly mug. Please don't hate me. I'm guessing I didn't hate the castle either. Though I prefer it in its normal state.





Jeff McGinley said...

Thanx, Disney is always a family adventure.

We do whatever we can to extend the experience.

Part of it is we go infrequently, so messing with Icons there is a problem for us. The other part is at the time of the 25th, all four of us really hated pink, so that added to the shape change was a huge issue.

That's the great thing about Disney, everyone can like different things.
(Granted, I will still complain about almost any change...but that's one of the things I like!)