Monday, March 20, 2023

Disney World 2022 Planning- Part 20


July 2, 2022
P minus 30
ONE MONTH FROM TODAY:
Will any of us be sleeping? I think not, as Stupid O’clock in the morning, the gateway to our trip, approaches.
 
Grandma- AMAZING- I have to pack very soon. HA. OXZ
 
At Morgan’s birthday dinner, the topic of Disney Turkey Legs comes up. Aurora is flabbergasted by the idea that people would wander around the park gnawing on one. The fact that we referred to them as “a snack” was also confusing.
 
 
July 3, 2022
P minus 29
ONE MONTH FROM TODAY
We will be preparing for our first character meal at the Tusker House. It is not a buffet anymore, but given the patented “Family Heatstroke” that comes with Animal Kingdom, as long as we get hydrated, the food will likely be very appreciated.
 
Very nice Bronx Zoo trip today. Anabelle had a blast petting and feeding goats, sheep and other animals in the Children’s Zoo. I started to say, “Since you had so much fun here…” but before I finished even that much, she said, “No, we’re not going to Rafiki’s Planet Watch.”
That’s my girl!
 
 
July 4, 2022
P minus 28
ONE MONTH FROM TODAY
We will see StarWarsLand for the first time.
Will we get a Rise of the Resistance time? Will Anabelle be devastated for life if she doesn’t like a Ronto Wrap? Will I be openly weeping as I stare at the Millennium Falcon and refuse to leave that spot all day?
We’ll find out soon!
[Later edit- “Yes,” “Was not an issue,” and “Yeah, pretty much.”]
 
 
July 5, 2022
P minus 27
ONE MONTH FROM TODAY
It will be a full day in the Magic Kingdom! We will eat lunch in the Castle.
Even without visiting princesses while we eat the collective “Aaaaaaah” maybe overwhelming.
 
Grandma- OH SO “Aaaaaah” to even think about it. OXZ
Also - Mears has been notified (About the flight change.)
And her “you’re coming soon” email has our adjoining room requests
 
 
July 6, 2022
P minus 26
ONE MONTH FROM TODAY
We will be in EPCOT!
I love EPCOT!
With a brand new family lunch experience!  Our family, embracing change at Disney?
It’s a miracle!
[Later edit- "miracle" may be a strong word for this day's lunch.]
 
Update from Grandma about her coming soon email:
I know what I sent you was right. I just was looking for something in my Disney 22 email file and the one that was open was Kim’s. They had to change things because mine says a little different than what I copied to you both. Jeffrey’s room says “Adjoining room requested” I know I’m right because I didn’t type what I sent you I just copied and pasted it and they have now spelled “adjoining” right. Yesterday it had no "d". I thought I was wrong and I even looked it up. I saw I was right it was missing a "d".
 
Now for the finale this is what they have for Kim’s room copied and pasted to you. Sounds like Kim will have a best room attachment. OXZ
 
Request Connecting Rooms
TRAVEL WITH
requesting joining rooms with
Mother Theresa
 
Kim’s answer- I always knew you were a Saint!!!
 
Me- That’s hilarious. I thought it was my job to do the jokes on the planning stuff.
 
Grandma- We learned from the Best. OXZ
Plus recon information:
    I was trying to look and see if we get refrigerators or we have to ask for them. I went looking on line to see if you could call the hotels. You cannot call the hotels directly. BUT I found a number that say if you want to call this number and you can get directed there. So I did.
 
I have now put it on the top of my Disney numbers in my phone.
 
 They asked a few questions and then asked for my phone number. I gave my home one but it cut out when she was repeating. I did wonder if I should have used the cell but the phone voice came back and said sorry we had a problem and we will connect you to our agent. I said to myself OOOOOH I will be on forever before that whole thought finished there was a very nice lady on the phone. I told her we have reservation me and my children. We have been their many times but never at the All Movies and I just wanted to ask a question. I said does the rooms all have refrigerators or do we have to order them. She said all the rooms have their own refrigerators. I then asked if they had hair dryers just to ask. She said they do.
 
  We had a lovely chat she asked if we had made all the reservations and park things. I told her our story in short, said I was a dinosaur and my son did everything. I told her about me doing things on paper and she said everything is easier with the phones and the apps. I said I’m going to be 76 in Aug. and don’t even text so they take care of everything. I even told her about Jeffrey getting up at 5 with Rosa and Anabelle to get the food reservations. She was kind of impressed we had it all down perfectly. She said phones are not so hard and Disney stuff is relatively easy. I said well I’m lazy and just let them do it all. She said noooo. The she said welcome back or should I say welcome home since you and your family have been with us so much. Of course I gave her all 5s on the survey. Disney people always make me HAPPY.
 
Me again- Crystal Palace Characters return Sept 20th. Looks like we booked the right meals. YAY! Go us!
Grandma-It is a proof of your GREATNESS when it comes to doing all the work for us. GOOD JOB! OXZ
 
 
July 7, 2022
P minus 25
ONE MONTH FROM TODAY
The second round of full park days begins.
How many naps will be taken? We'll be in Animal Kingdom looking forward to dinner with Snow White and her stringy mushrooms!
 
In other news the menu list is done. {link at bottom} I have hard copies for everyone, but there's a digital one attached if you want to save it. 
(Or you could look at the Disney World site or AllEars to see them...but then you'd miss my occasional hilarious comments.)   
I'm sure this means every restaurant will update their menu tomorrow.  
 
Anabelle’s Answer- *pulls out highlighters* 
 
Grandma’s answer- You did a Great job as always. I read it all. Some very interesting sounding choices.   I got full just reading all of them. A few times I actually thought I want 2 appetizers instead of an EntrĂ©e. I’m sure things will change when I’m tired and more or less hungry.
   One more thing you don’t have to correct for everyone. Dad & I did eat in the Columbia Harbor House. It was June 22, 2006. We were standing right outside it when we decided we were hungry. We had lunch there. Only thing we ever remembered was as we were leaving we got a call from Kim saying, “Do you know you have a granddaughter?” I said, “Of course I know that. What happened to Anabelle?” Now we’re standing right outside of it and Kim said No now you have 2.” To which I screamed to Dad “Kim had the Baby, it’s a girl.” I scared the hell out of a lady who was just walking around Dad, but then she smiled and said, “Congratulations.”
 So unless everyone wants to eat there, I’d be happy never to eat there again and keep my memory. OXZ
 
Kim- Are we going to Disney last year because you named the file "2021 menus"?
 
Me- I have not known what day, month or year it is since I got back from Sweden in January 2020. 

Anabelle has taken pictures of all her complete outfits so she has easy access to figure them out. Kim has finalized her shirt grid picks including “carry” ones for character meets that we lost meals for and the Monorail, which we need to figure out a spot for a trip.
Grandma is packing in earnest. All systems seem to be on go.
[Later edit- I realize I said Grandma was mostly packed before. Grandma has many and varied levels of packing.]


No comments: