Monday, July 27, 2020

Jeff’s Impressions de Europe

For close to half a century, I have greeted anyone presenting the opinion that I should experience Europe with a counter opinion that I would be much happier going back to EPCOT’s World Showcase.

My company made the decision to change that tune for me, and now I can say I have been to Europe.

My review-

It was dark and soggy.

Thank you very much, good night!


All right, I suppose more context and details are in order.

The trip came about from being part of the Global Risk Management team that led to an impromptu dance performance on the New York Thruway in the fall.  Follow up meetings sending me back to New Hampshire in December didn’t place a significant enough amount of winter travel fear into my system. 
Therefore the team was sent to conduct training at corporate headquarters at Solna, Sweden in January.  Representatives from that office came there for the class as well as other Swedish sites. Representatives from locations in France, Germany, and Turkey also came. (I think…the name tags listed by the town of the site they worked at not the country. Sorry Miss Intille, my World Geography skills have waned.)  

Placed into this international and travel experienced gang, my blending skills, while marginally better than Peru, were not going to win me any awards yet again.

This travelogue doesn’t feature my family like all the others do, although many of our clan's trips should have involved more risk assessments.  Therefore here’s an introduction to this new to the blog cast of characters from the merry risk managing band:

Jim, our fearless leader based in New Hampshire, who took over from our former fearless leader that set up the trip to Sweden and then left the company.  I wish I'd thought of that.

Kerry from Medical Affairs, reminding all of us that there is a patient on the other end of our devices, based in Colorado.

Karin, on the German Standards committee, based in (obviously) Germany.

Lars, on the international Standards committee, based in Solna.


New destination, same system: the index is below with links going live as they post each week.


No comments: