It’s been publicly advertised that Mark Ruffalo will be replacing Edward Norton as the Hulk in the upcoming Avengers film. However, there are other surprise changes in store for the character that have not been released to the movie going audience:
10. In a last minute decision to appease gray and red hulk fans, the Hulk a mix of colors in the final release, leading to
"The madder hulk gets, the plaidder hulk gets".
9. Bill Bixby was dug up for a cameo.
8. Purple SEQUINED pants.
7. A new origin story is linked to gamma irradiated beans, all transformation scenes accompanied by explosive flatulence.
6. The Hulk is not voiced by Ruffalo, but by Chef Emeril Lagasse, "HULK BAM!"
5. Betty Ross is killed early in the film, Banner's love interest then becomes Bertha Ross, played by Sandra Bernhart.
4. Due to a Spinal Tap like error, in many scenes the Hulk appears to be ten inches tall instead of ten feet tall.
3. General Ross and Bruce Banner's big confrontation scene features Ruffalo and William Hurt belting out an impressive version of:
"I say to-may-to, you say to-mah-to".
2. Believing “no publicity is bad publicity”… in an attempt to generate a similar Internet buzz caused by Ang Lee’s “Hulk Dogs", the Avengers will feature "Hulk Chickens"
1. The Hulk's rampage is stopped when he is KO'ed by Rocky Balboa.
Obviously (one would hope) I'm just kidding.
Click here for a real Avengers review
It avoids specific spoilers, focuses on generalities, and doesn’t really reveal anything that couldn’t be seen in the trailers.
Click here for further thoughts full of spoilers, as it is my uncontrolled geeking out about specific events in the movie that I can’t keep from excitedly babbling about.
DO NOT CLICK THE SECOND LINK IF YOU HAVENT SEEN AVENGERS AND WANT TO BE SURPRISED BY STUFF! GRAB YOUR KIDS AND GO SEE IT FIRST!