Monday, January 8, 2024

Washington DC 2023 Intro/ Index


Hysterical Historicals
or
If You've Seen One Museum, You've Seen A Mall

After many false starts and hard stops, our plans for a family vacation to Washington DC finally happened. Rosa had never been and wanted to go since she moved here. I had been many times when I was younger with my family and wanted to return with my wife and daughter. Anabelle got the standard “Far too short” Eighth Grade trip there and wanted to spend more time getting to actually see things she cared about.
A total time of “one hour for lunch” in the Air and Space Museum is not enough for anyone.
(Spoilers- Even someone who says, “yawn,” when they see airplanes.)
 
For the trip itself, the density level rivalled Disney World on some days. However, while planning was involved, there was orders of magnitude less required organization needed. We walked everywhere in the city, which was awesome. That’s the one thing I miss about my living arrangements in college, the ability to walk everywhere.
 
We went from May 14th through the 20th of 2023, saw and did a great many impressive, educational, and fun things…
And in doing so created a whole new pile of inside jokes and the occasional lighthearted insult between Rosa Anabelle and me.
 
DC Flashback:
There were multiple trips to Washington DC with the family in my youth. They fueled many decisions and got referenced multiple times on this trip. Therefore, I’ll point them out in these “DC Flashbacks” to keep the inside jokes from being befuddling to everyone except me.
 
Index- Names, as always, by Anabelle
(With minimal time to spare, even though she had four months notice of each day’s contents. Not like I’m picking on her or anything.)
Planning- Giddy Gridding
Day 1- Woohoo Washington Monument
Day 2- Ravishing Rockets
Day 3- Loquacious Legislature
Day 4- Mesmerizing Modern Art

4 comments:

Anabelle said...

I’m writing this at 12:17 am and will copy/paste: I apologize in advance to everyone for the names for all the days we literally came up with them right now and I am so deliriously tired that Zestful Zeuglodon took me like 5 minutes to say without laughing

(Yes I know it’s my fault for putting it off shut up)

Jeff McGinley said...

Thank you for the creative (if last minute) help.

If it makes you feel better, I laughed at "Zestful Zeuglodon" for about two hours after I went to bed.

Dina Roberts said...

I'm very excited to read about this adventure!

Jeff McGinley said...

Thanx for reading!