Monday, July 19, 2021

Dana Awards: Positve Predictions


 Warning

This post contains bad, foul, filthy and unacceptable language - the words that “will curve your spine, grow hair on your hands and maybe, even bring us, God help us, peace without honor.”

This is not a post for children.  Kids, take a hike.
This is also not a post for those adults who are offended by this type of language.  Do yourself a favor, and go read some of my cute stuff before moral outrage can kick in.
Just about everything else on this blog is clean…Stupid sometimes, but clean.
End of Warning.
 


As we continue with more Dana Awards in this year's stuck-in-the-house George Awards, I need to document a truly unexpected and unique experience.  

I don't think this has ever happened to me before.

I read a book by authors I knew I liked the works of, and found that it exceeded my expectations.

Then I heard it was made into a television show, with one of the authors as show runner, which raised my expectations.

Then I saw the cast listing, which raised my expectations even further.

Then I managed not to watch it for a couple of years, because I'm an idiot and never remembered which streaming service it was on, until the periods we subscribed to it had ended.

Then I finally remembered to watch the show and it EXPONENTIALLY exceeded my already ridiculously high expectations.

This was Sir Terry Pratchett's and Neil Gaiman's Good Omens starring Michael Sheen and David Tennant. 

(and How the hell did I miss that Michael McKean is in this one too, playing an insane Scottish Witichfinder who ends up working with Miranda Richardson's equally awesome con artist/ medium, both of them performing most fantastically?) 


It was amazingly funny, entertaining and brilliant, with a boatload of other outstanding main performers and cameos. 

The quality was so high that I don't want to give away a single moment and ruin it.

Oh, shit, right, the Dana Awards.

Anyway, David Tennant has proven he is an expert and award winning swearer as a vampire slaying, drunken magician, and a mind controlling super villain.  As the demon, Crowley, foul mouthed behavior was expected.  While awesome, it doesn't really fall into the "George Award" definition territory on its own.

However, Mr. Sheen's run in with Mr. McKean's character, leading the angel Aziraphale to let out a, "Fuck," is a Dana Award moment of biblical proportions.





No comments: