Monday, November 13, 2023

Mystery Star Trek Theater III: Spock Is Dead Let's Go Find His Body


On the film starting with reshowing Spock’s Death:
Anabelle- “What is going on?  
I did not forget.  
Is someone watching Star Trek? 
We saw this already
Is this a 'previously on' that they showed in the movies?
Why is it blue?”
Me- “You couldn’t just watch a movie again whenever you wanted back then.”
Anabelle- “I know, I know.”
 
On the run time:
Me- “This is the shortest of the Trek films.”
Anabelle- “It would have been shorter if they didn’t show half of the last movie.” 
 
On the movies being so closely linked:
Anabelle- “Is David in this one?
Why?
Does he wear stupid pants again?
I guess it makes sense if it’s set right after last one.
He would suck less if he wore better clothes.”
 
On Gene Roddenberry’s credit:
Anabelle- “Boo Hiss.”
 
On Leonard Nimoy’s Director credit:
Anabelle- “YAAY!”
 
On Admiral Kirk’s opening:
Kirk- “U.S.S. Enterprise. Captain's personal log…”
Anabelle- “Personal Log? This really is a ‘Dear Diary’”
Kirk- “With most of our battle damage repaired, we're almost home. Yet I feel uneasy…
Anabelle- “Probably because most of the ship is still blown up.”
Kirk- “and I wonder why.”
Anabelle- “Perhaps because Spock is dead.”
 
On the Science Station:
Anabelle- “Shouldn’t they have someone sitting there.”
Kirk- “Mister Chekov, I'll need pre-approach scan.
Take the science station, please.”
Anabelle- “Thank you.”
 
On the freighter:
Anabelle- “That is so ugly. Is it a garbage collecting ship?”
*Valkris, the Klingon spy is revealed*
Anabelle- “What is that. There’s so much to unpack.”
*The Klingon Bird of Prey decloaks*
Anabelle- “So ugly…
Ooh, the inside is swanky though.”
*Commander Kruge’s pet is shown*
Anabelle- “What is THAT!”
Me- “A Targ.”
Anabelle- “It has a name? Why do you know that?
Why does he sit so far above the others. He’s like Yertle the Turtle.”
 
On Kruge blowing up the freighter with Valkris still on it:
Rosa- “Oh! She died.”
Anabelle- “With honor.”
Kruge- *gestures to targ and officer* “Feed him!”
Anabelle- “What, his hand or something?”
 
On the first sighting of the new ship:
Kirk- “My friends, the great experiment. The Excelsior, ready for trial runs.”
Sulu- “She's supposed to have transwarp drive.”
Anabelle- “Sulu’s like ‘Ooooooh that’s niiiiiiice.’”
Scotty- “Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon.”
Anabelle- “What in heck does that mean?”
 
On seeing Janice Rand in space dock:
Anabelle- “Wasn’t she working the transporter in the first movie.”
Me- “And two people died, now she works in the star base.”
Anabelle- “Real. About time Starfleet did something about death.”
 
On finding a reading in Mr. Spock’s quarters:
*Chekov exclaims in his “own” language*
Anabelle- “Why is he speaking Russian?
What was that? This movie is wild.”
Spock’s Voice- “Jim,
Help me.
You left me on Genesis.
Why did you do that?
Help me.”
Kirk- “Bones,
what the hell are you doing? Have you lost your mind!”
McCoy- “Help me, Jim.
Take me home.”
Kirk- “Bones, we are. We are home.”
McCoy- “Then perhaps it's not too late.
Climb the steps, Jim.
Climb the steps of Mount Seleya.”
Anabelle- “Doesn’t this have to do with the whole 'remember' business that came out of nowhere?”
Kirk- “Mount Seleya? Bones, Mount Seleya is on Vulcan! We're home, ...on Earth!”
McCoy- *Spock's voice* “Remember!”
Anabelle- “So, I’d say that’s a big yes.”
Uhura- *intercom* “Admiral, docking is completed. Starfleet Commander Morrow is on his way for inspection.”
Kirk- “Uhura! Get the medics down here! Get them now!”
Anabelle- “He didn’t press any buttons, he’s just yelling.
Can she hear him?”
 
On the announcement about the Enterprise:
Admiral Morrow- “I'm sorry, Mister Scott, but there will be no refit.”
Anabelle- “So awkward.”  
Admiral Morrow- “Jim, the Enterprise is twenty years old. We feel her day is over.”
Anabelle- “I beg your pardon!”
 
On the Klingons watching the Genesis report:
Anabelle- “So, this was what was stolen?
I feel like there should be a more secure way to send data in the future.
This was in the last one. I know, I was upset about the water.” 
 
On the introduction of the USS Grissom:
Anabelle- “Not an exciting name. Cool looking, though.”
*Robin Curtis as Saavik debuts*
Anabelle- “They should have at least kept her hair the same.
Wait, when did she and David transfer to this ship?
They must have talked to someone about it when they met the Enterprise?”
 
On meeting in Kirk’s quarters:
Anabelle- “The Besties!!!!”
Kirk- “To absent friends.”
Anabelle- “Chekov went for that drink.
Slurp!”
 
On Kirk expecting Scotty and finding someone else at the door:
Kirk- "Ah, Mister Scott, Come...
Sarek! "
Anabelle- “That is not Mr. Scott."
Kirk- "Ambassador, I had no idea you were here."
Anabelle- "‘Hey! what is up?’  
I feel like you shouldn’t say that to a Vulcan.”
 
On the other three leaving Kirk’s apartment:
Anabelle- “I love Uhura’s outfit.  
The Besties are going to listen at door now and talk.”
 
On Sarek explaining the Vulcan Katra:
Anabelle- “Shouldn’t they know Vulcans do that?
 Doctor M’benga would have known.  
Call him.”
 
On Sarek and Kirk reviewing the tapes of Spock’s death:
Anabelle- “We saw. We saw it twice.  
This is super weird.”
Spock- “Live long…”
Rosa- “And Prosper.”
Anabelle- “I guess they didn’t know about the Vulcan soup throwing thing.   
Hey, remember when Bones started talking about Vulcan two days ago?   
James Tiberius Kirk don’t be this stupid.”
*They rewind the tape*
Anabelle- “They’re watching Star Trek again. 
Maybe it’s this part where he goes ‘Remember.’
*rolls eyes*
Where are all these cameras on the Enterprise?
It keeps changing angles.”
 
On finding the giant microbes near Spock’s casket:
Anabelle- “Ew. What are those?
They look like those things that stick on backs.
*They raise the casket’s lid*
Anabelle- “Oh yeah. Great idea.
Let’s open this.”
*The casket is empty*
Anabelle- “Did he turn into those little mushy things?”
 
On Admiral Morrow telling Kirk he’s not allowed to go to the Genesis Planet:
Anabelle- “He’s about to disobey your orders.  
He’s sauntering.”
Kirk- “The word
is no.
I am therefore going anyway.”
Anabelle- *laughs, cheers mightily*
 
On Doctor McCoy visiting the bar:
Anabelle- “Why did they let McCoy loose? He’s not OK.”
McCoy- “All right, dammit. It's Genesis. The name of the place we're going is Genesis.”
*Anabelle bangs her head on my shoulder*
*Starfleet Security arrives*
Anabelle- “Why do they all have the same mustache?
There’s a lot going on in the Doctor.”
*McCoy tries the neck pinch*
Anabelle- *laughs*
“Is he getting arrested.
That’s so good. 
He will be fine.”
 
On the unstable Genesis Planet:
Anabelle- “Why is there snow?
This planet is wild.”
 
On the rescue of McCoy from security:
Guard- “Make it quick, Admiral. They're moving him to the Federation funny farm.”
Anabelle- “This man should not be working here.”
Kirk- “Yes, poor friend. I hear he's fruity as a nut cake.”
Anabelle- “That’s… not how that goes.”
*Sulu beat’s the crap out of the guard*
Anabelle- “Good, hit him again.”
Sulu- “Don’t call me tiny.”
Anabelle- “Slay. Skips away.”
 
On Scotty leaving Excelsior:
Captain Styles- “Looking forward to breaking some of Enterprise's speed records tomorrow.”
Anabelle- *as Scotty* - “Bye, I hate you all.”
Scotty- “Up your shaft.”
Anabelle- “Real.”
Me- “The elevator voice was Nimoy.”
Anabelle- “That’s hilarious.”
 
On Uhura’s peaceful duty assignment:
Mr. Adventure- “Well, maybe that's okay for someone like you whose career is winding down. But me, I need some challenge in my life, some adventure,
maybe even just a surprise or two.”
Anabelle- “Shoots him a death glare on par with Uhura’s*
*Kirk and crew show up, Uhura pulls a phaser*
Uhura- “I am not going to do anything about it, but you're going to sit in the closet.
Mr. Adventure- “The closet? Have you lost all your sense of reality?”
Uhura- “This isn't reality.
This is fantasy.
You wanted adventure? How's this? The old adrenalin going? Good boy. Now get in the closet.”
Anabelle- “I love this woman more than anything.
Girl boss!”
McCoy- “I’m glad you’re on our side.”
Anabelle- “So real.” 
 
On the small crew taking the Enterprise:
Anabelle- “Scotty’s gonna fix it probably.”
Scotty- “…A chimpanzee and two trainees could run her.’
Anabelle- “See?”
Kirk- “My friends,
I can't ask you to go any further.
Doctor McCoy and I have to do this. The rest of you do not.”
Anabelle- “Pffff! Have you met these people?”
Chekov- “Admiral, we're losing precious time.”
Anabelle-*Cheers wildly*
Sulu- “What course please, Admiral?”
Anabelle-*Cheers wildly*
Kirk- “Mister Scott?”
Scotty- “I'd be grateful, Admiral, if you'd give the word.”
Anabelle-*Cheers wildly*
Kirk – “Gentlemen, ...may the wind be at our backs. Stations please!"
Anabelle-*Cheers wildly*

Chekov- *at communications* “Sir. Commander, Starfleet on emergency channel. He orders you to surrender this vessel.”
Anabelle- “Oh. I was wondering why he was sitting there.”
*Excelsior goes on alert*
Anabelle- “We hate to see it.  I do love a good yellow alert, though.”
Why is this ship so cool?  
The new Enterprise is so ugly.
Even the chairs are so nice.”
Excelsior Officer- “Sir, someone is stealing the Enterprise.”
Anabelle- “What do you mean ‘someone?’
Who else would do this?”
*The space doors finally open*
Kirk- “Full impulse power.”
Anabelle- “Sulu is like ‘heh heh heh!’” 

Styles- “Prepare for warp speed! Standby transwarp drive!
Excelsior XO- “Transwarp at your command, sir!”
Anabelle- “Those seatbelts are weird.
Why can Starfleet not make decent chairs?”
Excelsior Computer- “Full power available.”
Styles- “Execute!”
*The Excelsior shuts down*
Anabelle- “So awkward. Sucks to be you.”
Did Scotty do this? He was there.”
Scotty- “Aye sir. The more they over-think the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain. Here, Doctor, souvenirs from one surgeon to another. I took it out of her main transwarp computer drive.”
Anabelle- “Scotty is so unbothered and I love it.
‘Yeah, I just ruined the Excelsior.’
Meanwhile, McCoy is pooping his pants.”
 
On Saavik and David finding little Spock:
Anabelle- “Shouldn’t you have a security detail with you, Miss Regulations?  
Oh my God. I’m remembering things and I don’t like it. This is fine.
If I was in the theater, I would have laughed at his little ears.”
Saavik- “It is Doctor Marcus' opinion that this is...
That the Genesis effect has in some way regenerated...
Captain Spock.”
Grissom Navigator- *does wild take*
Anabelle- *Laughs* “This movie is a journey.  
The communicators are better looking now.
Beep be deep be deep boop boop
I don’t know, maybe beam the kid aboard before he freezes to death.”

Captain Esteban- “Well, all the same, I'm going to advise Starfleet and get instructions.”
Anabelle- “Look at the Comm Officer! He is pissed off at this foolishness and wants off the ship now.”
 
On the Enterprise checking if it’s being followed:
McCoy- *Sounds like Spock* “Scanning.
Indications negative at this time.”
Anabelle- “What? That was super weird.  
Don’t do that again.”
 
On the film series:
Anabelle- “Didn’t you tell me this movie was good?”
Me- “I like it.”
Anabelle- “Me too. But I liked the last one better. “
Me- “So did everyone else.”
 
On revelations about the Genesis planet:
David- “I used protomatter in the Genesis matrix.”
Saavik- “Protomatter. An unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable.”
David- “But it was the only way to solve certain problems.”
Anabelle- “You can’t do that in 
science. I was right to hate David.”
Saavik- “How many have paid the price for your impatience?
How many have died? How much damage have you done?
And what is yet to come?”
Anabelle- “You tell ‘em Saavik.”
 
On the Klingons finding the coffin microbes are much larger:
Anabelle- “Aaaaah!!! What is that? It’s terrible.”
Kruge- *squeezes the one strangling him*
Anabelle- “Why is it bleeding molasses.”

On night falling:
Anabelle- “The sun set really fast. This is your fault, David.”
 
On Spock having problems:
Saavik- “It is called Pon Farr…Pon Farr”
Spock- “Pon Farr”
Anabelle- “Can’t he fight someone like in the episode?
Sick him on one of those worms.”
Saavik- “Dungi du sahrafel nash-veh?” [Will you trust me?]
“Why is she speaking Vulcan? Pick a language.
Preferably one I don’t understand.
Don’t you do that! Put those fingers down! That’s enough. Please stop.
That was fun. Who wants some plo meek soup? 
This is going on for too long. I’m uncomfortable. 
Is he gonna do that every five minutes?”
Me- “They don’t go into it.”
Anabelle- “Thank God.”
 
On the Klingon target engine attack:
Anabelle- “AAH! Bestie! Grissom exploded!
 
On the Klingons capturing the three on the Genesis planet:
Anabelle- “This is good. It will be fine.”
Kruge- “I've come a long way for the power of Genesis. And what do I find?”
Anabelle- “Baby Spock!”
 
On the space face off:
Chekov- “Nothing on my scanners, sir.”
Anabelle- “Why do civilian clothes look like pajamas?”
Maltz- “Range, three thousand kellicams.”
Anabelle- “Kellicam? What is that. That means nothing to me.”
Kruge- “Standby to transfer energy to weapons
at my command!”
Anabelle- “Why are the Klingon’s speaking English”
Me- “To keep the crew from knowing what the officers saying.”
Anabelle- “That scans for Klingons.”
...
Kirk- “Yes. Enough energy to hide a ship, wouldn't you say?”
Sulu- “A cloaking device?”
Anabelle- “Yes, a cloaking device. We should have one too.  
Remember we stole one.
I’m still pissed about that.”
*More battle stuff happens*
Chekov- “Sir, shields are non-responsive.”
Anabelle- “Gee I wonder why? The whole ship is broken.”
Scotty- “The automation system's overloaded. I didn't expect to take us into combat, ya know!”
Anabelle- “Didn’t expect combat!?!?!
Have you met these people?”
 
On admissions:
Kirk- “David, what went wrong?”
David- “I went wrong.”
Anabelle- “I wrote this movie.
Just kidding, I like it.  
I wouldn’t have put in the Pon Farr scene though.”
 
On David’s final moments:
Kruge- “tlhIngan tIgh yIHoH. ... qaSbeHmo' jISaHbe'.”
[Kill one of them… I don’t care which]
*David leaps to defend Saavik*
Anabelle- “Slay, David. Be useful.”
*The Klingon throws him down*
Anabelle- “Oh, he’s not.” 
*Klingon stabs David*
Anabelle- “That crunch was loud.
Wait. He dies now?
Now I feel bad for calling him stupid.”
 
On the self-destruct of the Enterprise:
Anabelle- “Doctor McCoy doing what he does best.
Standing ominously on the bridge.
They gonna do that thing you said was the same as the episode with the black and white people? It’s so long and boring.”
Kirk- “Computer. This is Admiral James T. Kirk requesting security access. Computer. Destruct Sequence One, code one, one-A.”
Scotty- “Computer. Commander Montgomery Scott, Chief Engineering Officer. Destruct sequence two, code one one-A, two-B.”
Chekov- “Computer. This is Commander Pavel Chekov, acting science officer. Destruct sequence three, code one-B, two-B, three.”
Anabelle- “Poor Chekov is like, ‘Why do I have to do this?'”
Computer- “Destruct sequence completed and engaged. Awaiting final code for one-minute countdown.”
Kirk- “Code Zero, Zero, Zero
*dramatic pause*
Destruct
*yet another dramatic pause*
zero.”
Anabelle- *Giggles uncontrollably* “It’s so stupid.”
 
On the destruction of the ship:
Anabelle- “There goes the Enterprise.”
Rosa- “Bye bye!”
Anabelle- “It’s not like it was doing well.
*The damage is confined to the saucer*
Anabelle- “Oh, just the top is explo…”
*The whole thing goes up*
Anabelle- “Aaaaah!!!!
I feel like Starfleet isn’t going to give them another one after this.
Why is Sulu doing science readings?”
Me- “Probably because he grabbed tricorder while Chekov was busy blowing up the ship.” 
Anabelle- “Fair.”
 
On Spock tossing a Klingon across the entire clearing:
“I always forget Vulcans are strong till they do a strong thing.”
 
On the missing Bestie:
Anabelle- “Where is Uhura. We have not seen enough of her.”
Me- “Who else could they send to a spiky and private culture to negotiate handling this crazy thing by a bunch of fugitives?”
Anabelle- “Real.”
 
On reuniting the big three:
McCoy- “His mind's a void. It seems, Admiral, that I've got all his marbles.”
Kirk- “Is there anything we can do?
Anabelle- “Go to Vulcan and climb the woo hoo.  
The thing that Daddy says better than me.”
 
On Kirk’s challenge from the dying planet:
Kirk- “Our ship was the victim of an unfortunate accident.
Sorry about your crew, but as we say on Earth, 
'c'est la vie'”
Anabelle- “Sorry I killed your crew, LOL, c'est la vie.  
Meanwhile Chekov is back there peeing his pants. *Russian accent* ‘I don’t know about dis.’”
 
On the Captains’ fight:
Kirk- “If we don't help each other, we'll die here!”
Kruge- “Perfect! Then that is the way it shall be!”
Anabelle- “He’s slaying as a Klingon.”
*They fight, Kirk kicks Kruge in the nuts*
Anabelle- “Ooh - hoo whah!
This cliff fight is giving Lion King vibes.”
Kirk- “I”
*kick*
“Have had”
*kick*
“Enough of you!!”
*kicks Kruge off cliff*
Anabelle- “Uh huh.
That was a little goofy.”
*Planet explodes more*
Anabelle- “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!”
Kirk- *Grabs Spock and Klingon communicator*
“Matlh! ... jol yIchu'!”
*Beams up*
Anabelle- “How did he know what to say.”
Me- “He repeated what he heard Kruge say.”
Anabelle- “I couldn’t.”
Me- “You’re not a starship captain.”
Anabelle- “Fair.”
 
On Bones’s moment with Spock on the ship:
Anabelle- “His hair is a little crazy.”
Me- “He’s been dead.”
Anabelle- *Laughs hysterically*
McCoy- “Spock. For God's sake talk to me!
You struck this damn thing in my head, remember? 
Remember?
Now tell me what to do with it. Help me.
I'm gonna tell you something that
I never thought I'd hear myself say.
 But it seems that I've missed you.
Anabelle- “Awwww.”
McCoy- “I don't think I could stand to lose you again.”
Rosa and Anabelle- Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!”
Anabelle- “I’m still not over fruitier than a nut cake.”
 
On meeting up with Uhura on Vulcan:
Anabelle- “Girl!!!”
*Cheers wildly.”
 
On piloting skills:
Kirk- “Mister Sulu, you're on manual.”
Sulu- “It’s been a while, sir. Here we go.
Retrothrusters!”
Anabelle- “Been a while?
Have you ever piloted one of these things?
No, you have not.
And… he’s perfect.”

On beginning the ritual:
T’lar- “But McCoy,
you must now be warned!
The danger to thyself is as grave as the danger to Spock.
You must make the choice.”
McCoy- “I choose the danger.”
Anabelle- “KING!”
McCoy- “Hell of a time to ask.”
Anabelle- “Real.  
I love you, Doctor McCoy!"
*Makes Heart hands*
 
On the completion of the ritual:
Anabelle- *Whispers* “I hope it worked.”
*Normal voice*
“I love it when Vulcans carry people in the little carrying chairs.”
 
On Spock’s memory returning:
Kirk- “Because the needs of the one
outweigh the needs of the many.”
Rosa and Anabelle- *quiet* “Aww.”
Spock- “I have been
and ever shall be
your friend.”
Rosa and Anabelle- “Awwwww!”
*More memories come back until…*
Spock- “Jim, *stares*
your name…
is Jim.”
Rosa and Anabelle- “Awwwwwwwwww!”
*Me quietly cleaning my eyes while the Original Series Fanfare plays*
Anabelle – “I like when they bring music in.”
*McCoy points at his head*
Anabelle- *laughs*
*Spock raises his eyebrow*
Rosa- *Laughs*
*Crew all comes in to see Spock*
Anabelle- “The Besties move as a pack.”
 
On overall review:
Anabelle- “That was pretty good. But it had too many Klingons.”


3 comments:

Anabelle said...

rest in piece David sorry i hated you so much i would've been nicer if i knew you died

Anabelle again said...

PEACE* HAHAHAHHAHA I CANNOT SPELL (can you tell i'm on my last legs)

Jeff McGinley said...

College will do that. Forgetting pretty much everything that happened let you have this whole journey again, though.

Glad you chose to take it with us.
love
Daddy