Monday, September 12, 2022

Denver 2022 day 3: May 6- The Ugly Monkey Goes to the Movies



Rosa woke up before us to take care of family things. Anabelle and I still had no idea where or when we were and took longer to reach consciousness.
 
I caught the second half of Big Fat Greek Wedding with Rosa and her sister. The film has a lot of quality comedy beats, is applicable to most Mediterranean based ethnic groups, and has one of the greatest pratfalls in the history of film. (Toula being snapped back by the headset cord.)
 
Roy brought his three year old Granddaughter, Evie over for a while. Just as they got there, my phone signaled I was being called into the weekly staff meeting. Give my entire department was reassigned, quit or retired in under a year, I figured it was another disaster.
 
I scrambled downstairs to listen in to an extremely average weekly update meeting. Someone must have hit the call button by accident.
 
This turned out to be a fortuitous mistake. Evie and Anabelle were upstairs watching Bluey, like you do. I went up to say hi, and Evie’s demeanor shifted in a flash. Immediately, she told Anabelle she wanted to go home. Anabelle brought the crying child down, and Roy comforted her, then took her to McDonald’s.
 
Evie was afraid of beards.
 
This is a bit of information that would have been excessively helpful to have beforehand.
 
Back in the kitchen we had a late breakfast. Friends was on, allowing Anabelle to vent fully on her well thought out and wholly accurate rant about Ross and Rachel both being completely unlikeable.
 
We took a relaxing and gorgeous view filled walk around the nearby lake, after a brief mourning stop for the Spooky Tree.
 
I added some more air to my mattress to prevent standing up in the morning bearing too much resemblance to a silent film comedy.  After lunch Anabelle and I took the Ugly Monkey to our required opening day Movie Trip.
 
It was Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness.
Needless to say, there was much more ranting after Anabelle was traumatized.
Me, I'm a huge fan of Sam Raimi horror films. Therefore sticking one in the Marvel Universe was a party.
 
We washed up and had dinner with the rest of the gang.  Anabelle desperately needed to cleanse, leading to a viewing of Fantastic Four 2: Rise of the Silver Surfer.
 
I don’t care what anyone says, those may have issues with the villains (Doom more so in the first, definitely Galactus in the second) but they hold up well and the Fantastic Four actors, their interactions and the romance between Reed and Sue, and Ben and Alica are spot on.
 
Downstairs, Anabelle and I had a little Wordle party to try to catch up with the time shift. We also filled out the electronic feedback survey sent by the Denver Zoo. Anabelle suggested when one of the options was “self-identify” I tell them “I am a monkey, I have escaped.”
 
The night silliness continued before we turned in. The discussion went the route of “If you could have any pet in the world, (without limits) what would it be?”
 
Sleep hit hard when it did.

No comments: