Monday, July 27, 2026

Disney World 2025 Day 6 – Friday, May 23

 A Salute To The Tusker House, But Mostly The Bread Pudding

As promised (and also as prepared for by our version of “sleeping in”) we awoke at Stupid O’clock in the morning. (That’s Disney Standard Time- which is later than airport standard time, but still quite stupid.) Our target was the 7:30AM Animal Kingdom Extra Magic Hour Half Hour Rope Drop.
(Foreshadowing- Made it like pros. 
Well, technically- we made it like highly experienced but very tired people who got lucky this time.)
I was with Anabelle for her Dewey picture while Rosa went on ahead to get Sprite in her mug. Anabelle realized she forgot something and sent me ahead because, “You’re slow.”
Parenthood, the gift that keeps on giving.
 
When we met at the door to the buses, a Cinderella bus going to Animal Kingdom was already there. YAAY!
We ran and caught it. Technically, they ran and caught it, and I kept up the best as I could in a full Drunken Baboon Rush. (clomp clomp clomp)
 
Anabelle prepared for security by taking her new Trader Pin Binder out of the pack. She got chosen for screening again anyway. The Awesome Happy Guard complimented her Pin Collection. Then in a less Awesome and Happy moment, he closed the zipper all the way, requiring the pen trick again. Alas.
 
The photo area between security and the main entrance was an Encanto set up. My family strode over to get a PhotoPass. 
Anabelle- “Not you.”
Parenthood the gift that keeps on giving.
 
As we scanned in, “I Wanna Be Like You” played, rewarding us for being on time for Extra Magic Hour Half Hour Rope Drop. YAY!
 
 
Aside- Sometime during this trip Anabelle pointed out I was supposed to take the Magic Band off of the Mickey shape BEFORE putting my finger on the scanner. I had been leaving them both on at the same time. This explained my multiple scan in problems on the last few trips. Even the Where Will We Go Next Guy can be taught!
 
 
We went straight to AvatarLand (clomp clomp clomp) and since we got there when we were supposed to, the boat was a walk on. YAAY! For this journey, the ride was improved upon by having the vehicles pile up and slow down. It allowed time to see everything. Anabelle’s assessment- “This ride is fun. But I hate that thing.”
(Foreshadowing- “That thing” being the realistic Shaman animatronic at the end.)
Because of the “Is fun” part we decided to go again. Rosa suggested that Anabelle simply not look at the Shaman. Anabelle’s reply- “Then it will get me.”
After the second ride, I pointed out that the Shaman wasn’t really “uncanny valley” which is usually what freaks Anabelle out, because the movements are so smooth. She countered that it was still terrifying.
I inquired- “Because it’s a nine foot tall Cat-Smurf?”
Anabelle- “Yes.”

Anabelle acted as a PhotoPass person for a group of strangers while we took in the AvatarLand sights. The wait for Flight of Passage had already reached “insane.” Anabelle commented, “I want to ride Flight of Passage this much,” *holds fingers of one hand far apart* but I want to wait in line this much *holds two fingers touching each other.” Rosa suggested a solution, “Then you need THIS MUCH money.” *Holds arms far apart*
 
While she had no desire to try the Guardians of the Galaxy ride that replaced the Universe of Energy during planning mode, she changed her mind when we heard people talking about it in the Parks. Sadly, not even THIS MUCH money would help, as all Lightning Lanes for our upcoming EPCOT days were gone. Alas.
 
We left the Giant Cat Smurfs behind and crossed Discovery Island, waving to the tree. (clomp clomp, “Hi!” clomp) Moana’s line was at the old character landing just outside the entrance to DinoLand. She wasn’t there yet and we ended up first to see her. There were many bunnies and squirrels running in and out of the woods on the roped off path to her location. Last night we’d seen a bunny in CircusLand. The Cast Member there told us, because the area is protected, the Magic Kingdom was full of them… and every night they run like crazy when the fireworks go off. Animal Kingdom is much more peaceful for the small mammals… not counting the ones that wander into various safaris and get eaten of course. The Circle of Life, alas.
 
Moana had some serious "first meeting of the day" energy. She and Anabelle planned a sunrise boat ride and when she learned Anabelle was going to be a teacher explained how she had been teaching Hei Hei to swim- with less than stellar results. I took a photo with the Wayfinder as well. I love that movie. YAAY!
 
We headed up the side of Discovery Island, stopping for what is still, embarrassingly, the only combined Mickey and Minnie meeting in the Parks.
Hey, another New Jersey Cast Member! YAY! There were many.
We discussed the “Three, Two, One, One” picture plan for the Minnie loving women in my family. Mickey, as always, had to pee before seeing Anabelle. There were rope shenanigans while we waited for his return. The Cast Members finally figured it out. At the start of the day, they reversed a “side” rope with the “let people in” rope and the lengths didn’t work out. Eventually they solved the issue, and we were let in. YAY!
Oh look, the Devil Machine. (Translation- Automated PhotoPass.)
 
Mickey (always observant in this locale) noted my pirate hat and buckle, and did various eyepatch, hook and swashbuckling mimes. YAAAY!! We took our group and couple pictures, then my loving wife told me, “OK- Leave.’
Marriage, the gift that keeps on giving.
 
Minnie noticed Rosa’s nails themed to her, and got extra excited when she learned Anabelle painted them.
After more swapping in and out, Anabelle announced, “That was it!” Making Minnie laugh again. YAAAAY!!

Reversing course past the now HUGE Moana line. (Yes, we do know what we’re doing.) We entered DinoLand.
A pterodactyl ran by us that was in no way a small child with a winged bath towel.
“Snarl!”
 
Then it was time for our farewell to Dinosaur. *sniff* Seeing me clomping in, the Cast Member offered me the elevator again. However, by this point I could High Speed Drunken Baboon on stairs just as well as flat ground.
Mastering the “lock three limbs and lift the boot” riding method was, yet again, very handy here.
We all did crazy poses for what we thought was the last round up for this ride.
(Foreshadowing- Dinosaur Encore Coming!)

On the way out of the soon to be revoked Land, there was a live band that was a lot of fun. Because “Animal Kingdom” they were Vocal Trash like. Because “It’s Us” they were on their last song.
 
Given the early start, we completed all of this before the first Lion King show at 10AM. Granted that meant we were rushing to it. (clompclompclomp) When the Awesome and Happy Cast Member witnessed me making the hairpin turn into the line entrance in full Drunken Baboon mode she said, “I’m going to save you some steps” and put us in the handicapped entrance line. We ended up in Second Row floor seats. YAAAAY!!! (I mean, it led to varied levels of unease for the self-conscious trio that we can be, but still, YAAAAY!!!!)
 
In another YAAAAAY!!! the missing Figment pictures finally appeared!!
 
The crowd exciter taught the hand jive directly in front of me. I still could not do it. Alas.
 
We were in the Warthog section… again. The only people in front of us were on a short bench and were on a guided tour with a red vest Cast Member. (Meaning Rosa’s seat was really front row, YAAY!) Cameron from that tour group absolutely slayed leading the warthoging. (snort snort)

After Rosa performed the choreography throughout the show, the snake head lady bowed to her at the end. YAAAY!
The tumble monkey on Pumba’s float was kind of dull, but Anabelle caught the attention of the fun one on the giraffe and got a wave from him before he ate a bug. “Slimy yet satisfying.”
I did the final hand jive correctly! (The one with the “woo!” at the end.) I can be taught... ish… partially… a bit.
 
Anabelle decided the close up experience was too overwhelming and hit the rest rooms before travelling her “secret” path to AvatarLand and engaging in some solo wandering. Rosa and I went back in for the next show. I clomped as little as possible and waited until the handicapped lane Cast Member was looking the other way to dart into the line.
 
We were led to the weird back entrance up a ramp. (Oh, hurray.) That entrance was in the middle of a set of bleachers in the Giraffe section. YAAAAY! I tried to repeat Anabelle’s texted taunting that she missed out on the Weema-wehs. She replied that she doesn’t like the Weema-wehs.
It was the same singers and birds as the first show but a different ensemble. The fire spinning guy was awesome as ever at his main job, but honestly, I think Rosa had the standard choreography for the finale down better than he did. I did the last TWO hand jives. Could the curse be broken?
(Foreshadowing- No.)
For the sing along, even though I was finally in the Weema-weh section where my deep voice belongs, Rosa sang the high part.
“I’m in every section.”
Of course.
There was quite a range in the kids brought in for the finale. (Oh, they started doing that again. YAAAY!)
One was shaking his African rattle maraca harder than anything has been shaken in the history of shaking, while the kid behind him looked unsure as to why they were there.
 
Anabelle went on a pin trading tour though AvatarLand, Discovery Island and Asia.
She made an Instant Disney Pin Friend on Discovery Island where she got a safety book for answering trivia. They asked for characters with purple, and “I immediately forgot all characters.” - Anabelle
She led with Isabela, which was noted as a “crazy first pull.”
Then she named Randall, Rapunzel and (eventually) Daisy.
Her friend was collecting a set of Mickey pins…
Except she wasn’t. While trading she figured out, she was collecting Mickey pins that looked similar but were from multiple different sets. She decided to pretend she had never learned this.
The two of them traded some good pins with each other. YAY!
Anabelle’s adventures scored her the salamander from Frozen II, a Fantasia pin, Skippy’s sister (Tagalong) from Robin Hood that was limited and a few others. She grabbed a free ice water at Yak and Yeti where a middle schooler called her “ma’am.” Ha ha. You old now.
At the tree where I got the Kaa PhotoPass when I Quote- abandoned my family- Unquote, doing the same thing she was doing now, she took some photos. It was not the best experience. The photographer didn’t do the Magic Shot. He also scared the poop out of her before one picture by yelling, “CLAAAWS!”
 
Brimming with pins and emotional trauma, she made her way back to Africa to meet up with us when our second Lion King show ended. The Cast Members changed their mind about six times as to which exit we were supposed to use. The texts I sent Anabelle were more confusing than my usual typo filled missives, and she lost her seat in the shade next to a friendly lizard adjusting to where she thought we were supposed to be.
 
We were in time to sign in for our Tusker House lunch, where yet another nice cast member asked about my foot. I think it was split evenly between them trying to show empathy, and them trying not to shame someone with a possible disability. 

Inside, we started with our drink orders. Rosa inquired if they could make the Raspberry Pina Colava without the raspberry flavor. The waitress said, “Oh, just a regular Pina Colada, sure.” It made me wonder why they didn’t put that on the menu. To preserve my health, I had a mix of four of five different fruit juices. To preserve my sanity, I had them in a Lost On Safari with two kinds of rum.
 
Goofy came by first and I don’t think I am ever fully prepared for how huge he is.
There were happy hugs for everyone. YAAY!!
 
Mickey followed in short order, thrilled to be on both the front and back of Anabelle’s shirt.


There was a brief lull, but we waited with Rosa for her Gluten Free tour of the buffet. Anabelle used the time to unbolt Tiny Donald from her pack.
This was clearly worth the effort as Donald exploded with joy over him, making for yet another momentous meeting. Shortly after he left, Mr. Duck immediately returned with a small card autographed just for Tiny Donald. YAAAAAAAAAAY!!
 
At this point, the large, tattooed, bearded, scary man in the corner looked over at our table and got our attention. We were concerned about grievous bodily harm. However, it turned out he very politely wanted to know where Anabelle got Tiny Donald. And, he may have gone off to look for one for himself for a bit during the meal. Disney Magic!! 
(Foreshadowing- Looking at our pictures- so Aftshadowing once more- he was having a great time watching us goof around with the characters the whole time they were at our table. I wonder how many people have been surprised when the large, tattooed, bearded, scary man that is me turns out to be a big kid at Disney as well?)
 
Anabelle and I went up to one of the better (as in - more interesting selections) buffets in The World. Rosa continued waiting for her tour. Anabelle made a Tiny Instant Disney friend with Patrick over at the rice station, because that happens. He wanted Soy Sauce with his rice, and they told his Mom they had teriyaki, which worked. He was chatting with Anabelle as well, and she let them know how good the rice was. YAAY!
 
We returned with our food in time to have Daisy swoon over Tiny Donald and get excited about being on Anabelle’s shirt. She made normal kissing sounds as she left. As opposed to those weird, Disneyland, popping ones. YAAY!
 
Donald passed by heading to new Guests’ tables, and did a little dance, as he frequently does.
 
By this time, not only had Rosa gotten a tour with Chef Tim (?), but since she asked if the one on the buffet was Gluten Free (it was not) he had made her some custom, on demand, Gluten Free macaroni and cheese. YAAAY! Anabelle took a Point Five of us with it. The two of them made “Edna Mode” faces for reasons no one is clear on. 
(Foreshadowing- Looking at the picture, I have no idea why I said that. Perhaps that one didn't come out?)

There were a few trips back and forth to the buffet, on one Anabelle stuck her tongue out at Goofy, getting a dramatic point in return.
 
We had all formed attachments to various food items. Anabelle’s was to what may be the only survivor from the “Bee Custard family style” days, the Curried Shrimp. (And also, the bread pudding, but that was later.)
I went back for the coconut curry dressing on the salad, and the salmon.
Rosa enjoyed both her Gluten Free selections and previous deliveries, including enough rolls to store for meals later. YAAY!
(“The shrimp curry deserved a YAY!” – Anabelle. I predicted she would say this before the draft reading. Anabelle [during the reading]- “That is accurate.”)

While we were stuffing our faces, Donald returned and performed a complex and involved mime about both the variety, and quality of the food and his undying love for Daisy. At one of the key dramatic moments, the oversized webbing of his foot extended under the table and slammed on top of my unprotected toes sticking out of the regular boot.
I smiled and held on to the table for dear life until he left, and I could breathe again.
(Foreshadowing- The choice of the double rum drink was an excellent one.)
 
Anabelle bolted for the sweets spread proclaiming the bread pudding still the best dessert in the Parks. She praised the Tusker House experience for the “Holy trinity of shrimp, a refreshing beverage and bread pudding.” YAAY!

Reminding us of why we always rate character interactions highly here, Goofy came by again as well for a dessert time drive by, kissing the ladies’ hands and miming excitement over the taste of the bread pudding. Goofy knows.
 
The Jambo dance led to all the characters throwing down. It had a very Jammin’ Jungle Parade vibe. *sniff* 

Chef Tim(?) came by at the end to check on things. When Rosa said they were all good, he said, “Because it was made with love.” Awwww. He brought her a few Gluten Free desserts, while Anabelle grabbed more bread pudding. YAAAY!
 
Outside, in the center of Africa, Burudika was starting off with “He Lives in You” from the Broadway Lion King. This was the best song of the show, and we ran over.
(Foreshadowing- Anabelle informs me I am a Philistine, and they performed the version from The Lion King II. We apologize for the error.)
The band was outstanding, and the dancer out front went for it with such power, she was in danger of losing her pants, had to grab them and then step behind the stage to adjust them. A camp trip passed and watched for a while. It was tempting to stay until they reached “Wakka Wakka” again. However, since this location is THE HOTTEST in all four Parks, we were forced to find shade a song or two before they packed up.
 
On the way to Asia, (clomp clomp clomp) we all found the Kaa tree. We also found a PhotoPass person who came up with a great deal of fun poses for us, both regular and Magic Shots. Anabelle noted, “My guy sucked.”
 
Also in Asia, was little Anabelle’s fountain. I wet my hat again, while Anabelle and Rosa stuck their whole heads in. A guy with a daughter Anabelle’s age when we first found it was holding his child and placing her under the water. We felt this was a much safer technique than our, “Did she fall all the way in?” method. After visiting this cooling location many times over the years, Anabelle still forgets the water comes from two directions in the outside section and got nailed. It’s kinda like her Pirates of the Caribbean of Animal Kingdom.
 
For the first time in a long while, all three of us did both Safari walks on this trip. (clomp clomp clomp) I forgot everything I read about the Maharaja Jungle trek in the heat. Anabelle skipped the close-up giant bat area. Rosa and I went in and learned they have cool names: Damian, Chewbacca… Vlad.

The tiger was sleeping. Just as we reached it, the camp trip we encountered at the Burudika show came by, and screamed at it a great deal to wake up. The counselors made them move on when one suggested throwing rocks at it. Such delightful children.
 
We didn’t get to see the second tiger. This is because a less Awesome and Happy than usual (and quite nerdy- and this is me rating that) Cast Member was busy blocking the area and hitting on the blonde photographer from California by telling her he would dress as a Power Ranger when visiting MarvelLand, followed by regaling her with the history of the Disney/ Power Rangers licensing. I’m sure that worked out well for him.
 
In the bird cage, a gorgeously plumed Nicobar pigeon walked right up to me…
Until I aimed my phone at him, and he flew away. I did get a photo of a stunt pigeon a little further away. Sometime between seeing them here and at the Bronx Zoo, I learned they are the closest surviving relatives of the Do Do. Cool!!

We heard a Cast Member talking about how the birds aren’t being attacked by a bully, but by their Dad, because it was time for them to move in to new territory.
Nature is nasty sometimes.
 
At the end of the trek, Gibbon Island proved rejuvenating. YAAAAY!

Nearby was Everest, and Anabelle and I took the single rider line. It was fairly long, but that ride pulls single riders crazy fast. The ups and downs hurt Anabelle’s ears, making it worth it once but not for a follow up. My patented lock three limbs and lift the boot method worked here as well.
 
Anabelle needed a quick stop while Rosa and I headed to the soon to start next to last Lion King show. (clomp clomp clomp) Another Cast Member complimented Rosa’s Rescue Rangers shirt, once more with no knowledge that Rosa had never seen that show, and only wore the shirt for “Her Boys.” 
(Foreshadowing- She pulled it out of the backpack and threw it on over another shirt for a meeting on a previous day.)
(More Foreshadowing- I seem to have given up on following the true definition of “Foreshadowing” entirely.)
Anabelle should have been able to catch us easily with my boot, but she got stuck behind someone only slightly slower than her, which are the worst people to pass.
 
The Three O’clock Lion King show had the same hand jive trainer as the opening one did. She maintained equivalent, over the top enthusiasm. Anabelle asked- “How many energy drinks has she had? She’s a warrior.”  I still got the hands backwards in training. But I did get one (and only one) in the middle of the show! YAY! 
(Foreshadowing- I have been promised by my extended family that if I can pull off a hand jive with all of them as witnesses, the horse jokes will finally stop. Whether they will hold to this, and whether it is physically possible for me to achieve this, remains to be seen. Hey, that one was almost real Foreshadowing!!!)
 
The singers were the ones from the first show the other day, with the HUUUUGE leader. We also recognized the fire spinner from that show before he roasted his nuts again.
(As Foreshadowed- “Oh look, it’s nuts guy.” – Anabelle)
But the birds were new. We may have seen this show too many times.
Anabelle thought the “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” bird guy looked familiar and did a quick check. She knew Paolo’s fiancée, Hayden was also in the show but was unaware he performed the same role. Awwwwww.
Note- It is entirely possibly Hayden was the bird guy not in this show, but at the first day at Animal Kingdom’s afternoon show… or maybe both. Anabelle’s memory is probably better than my notes for accuracy at this stage.
 
Deep into “Disney Vacation Two” and in the searing afternoon record heat in the hottest Park, we crossed the entire Park. (clomp clomp clomp…sweat)
 
Reaching DinoLand, we went to say goodbye to Chip and Dale in their Dinosaur outfits. The photographer told us to put our stuff on the other side of them. (Fun fact: Rosa NEVER listened to this the first time Handlers said it.) Rosa’s Boys went INSANE over her shirt and earrings. YAAY! There were hugs, there were dances, they adjusted which side of her they stood on to match the shirt. It was amazing. YAAAY!!
My “Ugly, horrible, grouchy old man” Merlin shirt that Rosa made was a hit with them, but an even bigger hit with the photographer. Anabelle told them she was going to miss their Dinosaur suits, and said to Chip, “You’re slaying.”  Chip placed a solemn but knowing hand on her shoulder. Alas.
 
Coming out of The Cretaceous Trail for the final time, (alas) Daisy had no line! We jumped on to see her in her fancy, and custom designed, outfit. YAAY! Anabelle tried to show her that she was on the shirt she was wearing, but Daisy kept looking for herself on Anabelle’s nails. She got Dais- combobulated.
A reminder that Anabelle is hilarious.
 
Since we were in the area again, and it was our last chance, we gave Dinosaur a farewell ride. I’m not sure if Rosa and I have ever done this ride twice in one day.
The Cast Member asked me about doing stairs again. It was too complicated to explain that I always look like I’m going to die in the heat, and I merely replied. “No, I’m fine.” We made sad faces for the picture on the ride. (Except Rosa, who made an epically silly screaming one, greatly enhancing the overall composition.)
We then took many more sad photos while leaving DinoLand. Alas.


 
Anabelle wanted to know why I was so sad, since I kind of hated the Dinosaur ride. Then she thought about it and said, “You hated ALL the rides here. Why are you sad?”
Because it’s still sad to lose a whole Dinosaur themed land. Alas.
“RIP to the Tipsy Topsy Triceratops! You were a real one.”- Anabelle.

By going to the Three PM Lion King show before DinoLand, instead of the originally planned Four PM show after it, we crossed the Park one and a half times this day, instead of three. 
WE CAN BE TAUGHT!!!!
 
I inhaled a PowerAde from the DinoLand cart on the way out, so I didn’t die. Anabelle saw an Eternals pin of Druig and Makkari out for trade, but it was damaged.
She took this well- “This is the worst day of my life!!!!!”
 
Everyone was still full from the excellent and enormous Tusker House buffet. We decided we didn’t need to eat in the Flame Tree before leaving but would get something in the Magic Kingdom.
 
Another Fun Fact- While CrazyHungryLand is a very real thing for me, I CAN go long stretches without food. When I’m clearing snow, leaves or weeds and am outside nearly all day, I have no problems. However, I did inherit something powerful from my Dad, along with crappy cardiac genes and a dry but dark sense of humor. If you tell me I’m going to eat, or I believe I’m going to eat, and then I don’t eat. It’s bad.
(Foreshadowing- This would factor in heavily later this evening.)
 
Heading to the Park exit, we saw Pluto! YAAAAAAAAYY!!
 
Finally remembering which side we saw the anteater sign on the way in, we took the right trail down the Oasis (clomp clomp clomp) and reached the enclosure of one of my favorite animals.
 
It wasn’t there. Alas.

With a bit of straining and squinting, I could see it moving in the cage on the side of the enclosure. I took a photo… of glare. But I know in my heart, that glare was an anteater. YAY!
(“You need help.” -Anabelle)
 
As we reached the edge of the trail, I proclaimed, “We’re hopping.” Anabelle, just as tired and dehydrated as the rest of us, forgot we were changing Parks, and panicked because she thought my injury meant I was now moving on one foot.
 
Outside the Park entrance I pointed out, “The Encanto thing where you left me out because you hate me.” Anabelle said, “Come on, now I’ll take a picture with you.”
Me- “Oh good, now I know I’m second choice.”
She cemented that when we entered the box thing and the photographer said, “Put anything you don’t want in the pictures on the ground,” by telling me, “Lay on the floor.”
Parenthood, the gift that keeps on giving.
We got a really good PhotoPass person, and she gave us a load of poses. Maybe because she liked my Merlin shirt?
 
The bus for the All Star Sports resort was very close to the Park, in position, and empty. But we never take the bus home from this Park. One would think we’d take that bus so we could have an early night during the trip and not die.
 
But nope! At Five O’clock, only two hours before Animal Kingdom closed, we jumped on a Figment bus (YAY!) and were driven to the Magic Kingdom. YAAAY!!
 
On the way, Rosa let us know in order to make the full EPCOT day tomorrow, she likely wouldn’t make it all the way until 11 tonight. Alas.
(Foreshadowing- Because she’s the only one of us that usually has any sense of self preservation in Disney.)
She did say she wanted to hit “The Big Three.” Then identified them accurately (for our family) as the Mansion, Pirates and the small world.
 
This time, with the same stuff and carrying methods as the morning, we all made it through security without needing a bag check. The mystery continued.
 
With it closed on our previous couple of visits, and likely to be closed again for upcoming expansions, it was Walt Disney World Railroad time.
(Foreshadowing- Only one section of it will close for the Frontierland expansion, but circling the Park will not be possible. Also, Stitch will join in on the train narration, which is going to be one heck of an unpleasant surprise for Grandma.)
 
A family at the station asked me to walk over to allow the Dad to see my Merlin shirt. Though younger than me, Sword in the Stone was his favorite film, and he let out a bellowing, “YEESSS!” when he read the “Ugly, horrible, grouchy old man” caption.
 
There was another family up on the Disney World Railroad platform looking to board the Monorail. Honestly, I’ve seen worse.
 
The train took us around to Frontierland. Where the entire finale of Splash Mountain used to be visible was now a tiny little window into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. Alas.
The train sat in the Frontierland station with Rosa and Anabelle baking in the sun (and me trying to slide as far over as possible to avoid combusting.) We Parked there…
forever.
Considering there are only a handful of trains all going the same direction, I have no idea what the hold up was. Maybe a gator crawled out onto the tracks.
 
Eventually we continued on. The Engineer had a “toot” conversation with the pilot of the riverboat. YAAY!
(Foreshadowing- That won’t happen ever again. Alas.)

As the spiel listed what could be encountered in Fantasyland, Anabelle sat up in fear at the mention of Peter Pan stating, “HE’s near.” At the Fantasyland stop, two families who had met up earlier reunited with each other. They were comparing notes, thoroughly incorrectly, about the locations and contents of the attractions they had seen. Anabelle was near to exploding, finally bursting when they had no idea where the Ariel ride was. She held it together until one of them started to guess Frontierland, before revealing it was “Next to where you meet Ariel.” (“Who they had met,” Anabelle felt compelled to point out.)
 
We had discussed starting “The Big Three” with Pirates. However, throughout our train ride it cycled from “broken” to “short line” to “LONG line.” Stupid App.
 
Instead, we went to what may transition the list into “The Big Four” – The Country Bears. A nice lady in the waiting area offered me a seat when she saw my boot. (I used my most frequent line, “It’s harder to sit down and get up again than to just stand, but thank you.”) I’d say the ratio of people willing to ignore the boot and shove me out of the way to those willing to offer some assistance was about 300 to 1. That’s still better than Non-Disney Property, however.
 
We saw the great, new show with another full house, laughing and singing along. It was an outstanding upgrade from only us holding down the fort. 
 
The other “Big Two” were right next to each other in the other direction, and the Pirate line dropped. Therefore, we crossed Adventureland. (clomp clomp clomp) There was a girl with her boyfriend filming the entire “Waiting on line experience” for her social media content. The future is really silly, sometimes.
While waiting, I was explaining my “lock three limbs and lift one” method used on Dinosaur earlier.
Anabelle pointed out, “That’s because you don’t skip leg day.”
I countered with, “I’ve had to skip it the past six weeks.”
She re-countered, “’Cause you don’t have a foot.”
 
Once I assured her the boot had been drying adequately, (she worries so) Anabelle chose to sit in the middle this time to isolate herself from any possible splash. Another extremely late (yet GIGANTIC) cannonball went off right next to Rosa, causing much of the water to arc over her head and land on Anabelle-
“THIS RIDE HATES ME!!!”
Then she fell asleep a bit at the end.

Also, I am convinced I have seen Captain Jack Sparrow pop his head up out of the darkness on Barbosa’s ship. As the rest of my family is normally dodging blasts at this stage, I have no confirmation, and they both think I’m crazy.
(Foreshadowing- For this and other reasons.)
 
The Cast Member as we de-boarded stared intently at me for a bit, before cracking up. Ah… she read my shirt. This is not always the reason that happens.
 
We stopped at the Liberty Square Market for a Pretzel break for Anabelle and I. Anabelle still wasn’t really hungry and wanted one to tide her over. Rosa had stashed away gluten free rolls in her bag, once more.
Another Other Fun Fact- A pretzel can hold me out of CrazyHungryLand temporarily, but since it’s just a big pile of carbs, the crash is spectacular.

We ate being observed by:
A) A creepy doll in the window.
B) Some mating bugs flying around and landing beneath the table, which Rosa stomped on…as well as my feet. More rum, please.
C) A surly ibis that landed on the table behind us.
 
You know what else is in Liberty Square? The Haunted Mansion! YAAAAY!
Weaving through the graveyard, we were near a family that was experiencing it for the first time. YAY!
We helped them, pointing out the Leota Tombstone eyes would open, and the aging portrait in the first room. The young boys were mostly excited but a little nervous on the way in. After the scream and reveal at the end of the stretching room, the excited and nervous levels had swapped. Rosa and I went together on this one and took a mushy picture. (Ew.)
Anabelle took a mushy picture with Kuromi. (Eh?)
The last, fast poppy uppy got Rosa and I this time. I (sorta) got a picture of the Hatbox Ghost! Honestly, I think they added a severe wiggle to the Doom Buggy at that point in front of the Candelabra Corridor to make it harder.

On the way into Fantasyland, a little girl ran by going back the way we came while crying, “Where’s my Mommy?” As I was processing how bad that was, she ran past us again the other way, and I heard a woman calling her. I did not want to terrify her by looming over her.
(Foreshadowing- I failed.)
That is why I tapped her shoulder to get her attention and said, “Pardon me.”
Anabelle did not approve of my method- “Pardon me? That’s crazy. I was expecting you to be addressing an elderly English gentleman.”
Regardless of her opinion, it did get the girl’s attention, and then allowed me to refocus it on the woman following her, who had located her Mommy. YAAY!
 
The final of the Big Three was next to us with a listed short wait. We entered the small world queue, and waited…
And waited…
And waited…
And waited…
When the line finally started to move again, the chains shifted us to one side, and a Cast Member was feverishly cleaning up the ramp on the side we were shifted out of. Disney World ride wait times are excellent predictions…
Barring someone yakking on the line.
Rosa was greeted by a New Zealand Rescue Rangers fan as we boarded. So many people around the globe would be disappointed to learn she’d never seen that show.
 
I’d poke fun at my wife for listing all the parts of the ride she noticed for the first time because she was being “in the moment” and not recording anything. However, I can’t because I didn’t have that excuse, and I realized I had never noticed the balloon people above the Can Can dancers. Unlike the ears of the guy we ended the previous night in a boat with, I do not think the plush Tigger bobbing in the Seven Seaways was rescueable.

CrazyHungryLand was creeping in, but I didn’t want to remove any of the time all three of us were together on this last Magic Kingdom night before Rosa went back to the room, and her Gluten Free leftover stash. The final attraction we experienced together in the Original Park was, appropriately, Filmore’s Magic. Donald’s butt malfunctioned, but that barely detracted from the awesome, sing along, energy of that one. YAAAY!

Rosa exited following her own mission of snagging Anabelle the Tightrope Girl ornament as a holiday gift for later on. Anabelle and I curved around towards Tomorrowland. (clomp clomp clomp) The Cheshire Cat bathrooms were closed. Alas. We checked the map and found the nearest one by “Galactic Goodies.”
Me- “I’m going there. I got a goodie for you.”
Anabelle- “You’re disgusting.”
Me- “Thank you.”
CrazyHungryLand non-withstanding, I am still hilarious.
 
In Galactic Goodies were murals and standees from Elio. That movie was fantastic and filled with emotion. People keep asking for original stories, and then not going to awesome ones in the theater. Philistines. Anabelle took several pictures with stuff from the movie she’s been waiting YEARS for.
 
With Rosa and her not completely understood prejudice against it gone, Anabelle and I ducked out of the fireworks to enter the Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor. We were honestly concerned it would be a private showing, which would be excessively less impressive here than at Filmore’s Magic. There was more of a crowd further inside, but they did tell us all to sit up front and towards the center aisle. The Magic Band Plus continued reacting to the show outside… which was distracting AND off theme.
 
They doubled up some gags with the small group, but it worked. (Having the same guy who needed a hug be the one buying everyone churros blended nicely. YAY!) Then, a miracle happened. After seventeen years of dreaming (and aging) I had finally reached the required levels of curmudgeon to allow me to be chosen as “That Guy.”
There are no words to express my pride. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!
(Foreshadowing- Yes, I did have my sticker laminated. Thanks Rosa!! YAAY!)

Anabelle and I weren’t in the mood for a return to Sonny Eclipse or to split a Pinocchio Flatbread. This is partially because we didn’t want to waste time between rides and get back to Rosa…
But mostly because decision making is vastly impaired for both of us when in CrazyHungryLand. Anabelle had talked about still being full, but maybe getting something at the hotel. I had considered we’d be passing through it after the Country Bears and be able to grab something at Pecos Bill’s.
(Foreshadowing- WE WEREN’T!)
 
We wanted to finish up the night with a double run on the Country Bears. Anabelle did offer to take advantage of the short line on the Jungle Cruise. However, there were the two issues above going on, plus I know how much she really hates that one. Honestly, the new Country Bear experience was more enticing to me as well when compared to the same old jokes, no matter how much I love them.
 
It was awesome to see the County Bears just as full late at night as it was mid-day. Sadly, it took FOREVER for them to let us in, and we decided to only see it once. Maybe someone yakked in there too. We sang along some more.
“I CAN SHOW YOU THE WOOOOOOORRRRLLLD!”
YAAY!!
 
We came out and learned Pecos Bills closed well before the Eleven PM closing of the Park. CrazyHungryLand locked and loaded!
 
Leaving Frontierland we checked out the new Country Bears shirt. Anabelle loved it, and suggested we get matching ones. Who am I to argue with that?!?! YAY!
 
There was a possibility of reaching the resort before the food court closed, also at Eleven. At least there should have been this far after the fireworks. But no- the same mess with our bus stop being double sized and packed with people happened again, pushing me directly into incoherence. I reached out to Rosa, and she went down to order me another chicken sandwich.
(Foreshadowing- She got one, because she loves me… and she wisely refuses to deal with me at all in CrazyHungryLand.)
 
While we were doing that a Cast Member came up and told Anabelle she could wait on line while I sat down. It wasn’t the normal Awesome and Happy Disney manner, however. It was just kind of odd. We were about to pack onto a bus and return home standing in our mentally damaged state. The same Cast Member redeemed herself by pointing out the next bus was already there. A young couple pretended to be with us, and we all got seats on that bus. INSTANT DISNEY FAMILY!
 
I was so deep into the Beast like state CrazyHungryLand brings, I have no memory of who or how the mugs were filled. Anabelle must have gone on a mug run as her nightly duck picture is evidence of. But I missed that, even though I may have been with her.
Thanks to the bus issues, the sandwich and fries were ice cold. I wolfed part of them down anyway, before showering. As proof she had accompanied me into her own, quieter version of CrazyHungryLand, Anabelle devoured a section of each as well while I was in the shower. I finished eating after cleaning up. At some point… I think before the shower, Anabelle was trying to talk to me, and I heard absolutely nothing of it.

I CANNOT skip meals. It is bad.
Honestly, neither can they, but they mask it better.
 
We watched more Doc McStuffins while blood sugars returned to safe operating levels. I rinsed off the regular boot liner to allow it to be fully dry and unfunky for what would be its (Foreshadowing- And our. Alas.) final Disney day. But we still had a full EPCOT day left on this EPCOT Centered trip. (See what I did there? YAY!)
 
23589 steps. 8.5 miles. 




No comments: