Monday, May 2, 2022

George Awards: Of the Mountain!


Warning
This post contains bad, foul, filthy and unacceptable language - the words that “will curve your spine, grow hair on your hands and maybe, even bring us, God help us, peace without honor.”

This is not a post for children.  Kids, take a hike.
This is also not a post for those adults who are offended by this type of language.  Do yourself a favor, and go read some of my cute stuff before moral outrage can kick in.
Just about everything else on this blog is clean…Stupid sometimes, but clean.
End of Warning.
As we move along though this year's  George Awards it's time for one of the rare "real world" moments of profanity.

What makes it rarer is, for a change, it isn't me this time...or my family.

This is a delayed award. I saw it on a friend's feed well before I was preparing last year's winners, and saved it in that preparation file. Since I have transitioned more to working directly in "blogger" instead of word (which in itself was a huge improvement over stone tablets), I totally forgot to look at the last page of those notes and missed it completely.

Yes, as always, the George Awards is a highly professional operation.

The initiators of this conversation deserve recognition for their deep dive into profane grammar, but it is the detailed follow up analysis that brings in the Real World George Award this time.



One 
Marc Abramson delivered further analysis on the Facebook feed, which cemented his place in this year's (or in an alternate universe world where I know what the fuck I'm doing, last year's) George Awards.

"I think it’s 'fuck’s sake.' 
Sure other fucks are in question at various times 
but typically I’m dealing with one particular fuck on an individual basis; 
and while all fucks will one day be named 
it would be unfair to lump them all together for the sake of any singular fuck.
 
If you’re addressing the fucks as a collective, 
then ' fucks’ ' is appropriate. 
I just feel like, 
in these times, 
with tensions as high as they are, 
each specific fuck matters. 
So I try my best to be woke and regard specific fucks for their specific fuckery."

Congratulations Mr. Abramson, for your effort in promotion the importance of fuckery in general and the grammatical importance of "fuck" in particular, you have earned this George Award!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who gives a fuck if it’s a possessive or if it needs an apostrophe. I’m still searching!

Jeff McGinley said...

Perhaps watching the film itself would be faster?