Monday, September 21, 2026

George Awards- "Is there room in this culture for an Elvis impersonator lookalike?"

 


Warning

This is not a post for children.  Kids, take a hike.

This post contains bad, foul, filthy and unacceptable language - the words that “will curve your spine, grow hair on your hands and maybe, even bring us, God help us, peace without honor.”

This is also not a post for those adults who are offended by this type of language.  Do yourself a favor, and go read some of my cute stuff before moral outrage can kick in.
Just about everything else on this blog is clean…Stupid sometimes, but clean.
End of Warning.
The 13th  George Awards for profanity in film continues with a salute to a 2002 movie we've seen here previously starring a man who is a multiple time George Award winner. (Plus he's awesome.) And yes, I've stopped checking the accuracy of the Carlin quotes too deeply. 

Bruce Campbell deserves all the accolades he can get as he takes a positive attitude to what he's going through.

We've saluted the film that is a brilliant look at aging, and my Mother's favorite Elvis film, previously- Bubba Ho Tep.

However, there are a multiple more award winning moments of swearing in Don (Beastmaster) Coscarelli's brilliant little film.

One line worth noting doesn't have profanity in it. It does follow up him telling the nurse "fuck you" after she condescendingly warned him about going too far outside of the rest home. It is one of many poignant, sad, yet accurate comments on growing old.

"Get old, you can't even cuss someone and have it bother 'em. 
Everything you do is either worthless or sadly amusing."

What makes it all the more powerful, is Elvis (who is not Sebastian Haff) still has many great profanities left in him. Like after his moment of action - killing the cowboy mummy's evil scarab with a bedpan:
 
"Even a big bitch cockroach like you should know...
Never...
but never fuck with the King."
 
His dignity returns again when Elvis rudely, but powerfully proclaims his refusal to give up. It's impressive watching Bruce have the same resolve in real life and I wish him all the happiness he deserves, as thanks for all the entertainment he's given me and my family over the years.
 
"What do I really have left in life but this place? 
It ain't much of a home, but it's all I got. 
Well, goddamnit. I'll be damned if I let some foreign, 
graffiti writin', 
soul suckin', 
son of a bitch in an oversized cowboy hat and boots
 take my friend's souls
and shit 'em down the visitors toilet!"


To end on a lighter note, the stealth pun of the Mummy's final profane hieroglyphics deserves mention.
Translation- "Eat the dog dick of Anubis, you ass-wipe!"
Because it is "The Mummy’s Curse." (Hee Hee Hee)


Thank you again Bruce. May you find all the possible joys in your life.


Come back next week where I pay tribute to a weird little horror film, and bitch about a far more famous movie that I've always hated.
 

2 comments:

MOM said...

This is a phenomenal Blog. Of course, I love every George Award Blog, but this one surpasses them all. I think it is because of your praising Bruce so much. He definitely deserved everything you wrote. I am so glad you thanked him.

Jeff M said...

Thanx much for joining in, a lot of us movie fans owe him a lot. He does deserve a miracle.